Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some favorites are releasing new curriculums....

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
  • 21 Replies

Demme Learning (Math U See) is publishing Spelling U See.  Coming in March.

Life of Fred is adding a Language Arts set starting with Australia.  It's available now on ztwist here.

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Curious to see what the Spelling U See will be like. 

hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I so love Life of Fred.  It's just the way my oldest learns, it's been awesome!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

Curious to see what the Spelling U See will be like. 

That's what I was thinking too.  If it's not too high priced, I may just buy it for the curiosity.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Quoting hwblyf:

We like LOF for fun, it's a supplement to us.  I'm curious about how a language arts curriculum will be set up in the Fred story-line.

hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM

My oldest is a quick, reading learner.  He hates pages and pages of practice.  I'm talking a 5 hour fit over 10 spelling words one week in ps.  HATES practicing.  A lot of teachers in ps took his speedy (so possibly erroneous for his speed) as not getting the math, but he was bored.  And having to do all the work was painful to him.  So Fred is just what he was looking for.  He's doing Fractions now, and is happy that I've quit pushing him to finish a book every 2 or 3 weeks (I started him at Apples).  Now, doing our taxes with me, he's hating that.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

We like LOF for fun, it's a supplement to us.  I'm curious about how a language arts curriculum will be set up in the Fred story-line.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM

LOL!  I don't know anyone who likes to do taxes.  (Yes I know there are probably some out there).  But I love to play with math and even I hate that nit-pickiness!

Quoting hwblyf:

My oldest is a quick, reading learner.  He hates pages and pages of practice.  I'm talking a 5 hour fit over 10 spelling words one week in ps.  HATES practicing.  A lot of teachers in ps took his speedy (so possibly erroneous for his speed) as not getting the math, but he was bored.  And having to do all the work was painful to him.  So Fred is just what he was looking for.  He's doing Fractions now, and is happy that I've quit pushing him to finish a book every 2 or 3 weeks (I started him at Apples).  Now, doing our taxes with me, he's hating that.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:04 PM

I love doing taxes.  I feel like I've kicked their asses.  Yeah, the IRS advice could be crappy?  Yeah, no one in Congress can figure out the complexities of their own taxes?  Yeah, nobody can figure out why in the hey diddle diddle ville the IRS is responsible for enforcing the ACA?  I got it.  I do my own taxes.  Pencil and paper, baby.  I file electronically, I check out the rules, I follow it all, I kick butt.  :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL!  I don't know anyone who likes to do taxes.  (Yes I know there are probably some out there).  But I love to play with math and even I hate that nit-pickiness!

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I do my own, but I do not like it.  I love your enthusiasm though!

Quoting hwblyf:

I love doing taxes.  I feel like I've kicked their asses.  Yeah, the IRS advice could be crappy?  Yeah, no one in Congress can figure out the complexities of their own taxes?  Yeah, nobody can figure out why in the hey diddle diddle ville the IRS is responsible for enforcing the ACA?  I got it.  I do my own taxes.  Pencil and paper, baby.  I file electronically, I check out the rules, I follow it all, I kick butt.  :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I am very interested in the Spelling U See. I'm also curious about this Life Of Fred Language Arts. Is the s
Life of Fred you linked stuff you could use in the United States?
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Quoting chotovec82: I am very interested in the Spelling U See. I'm also curious about this Life Of Fred Language Arts. Is the s
Life of Fred you linked stuff you could use in the United States?

Yes, it can be used in the US.  Just like the Math books are in alphabetical order (Apples, Butterfly so on) the language arts titles are alphabetized Australia is the first book.  Sorry for any confusion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)