Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Some favorites are releasing new curriculums....

Posted by   + Show Post

Demme Learning (Math U See) is publishing Spelling U See.  Coming in March.

Life of Fred is adding a Language Arts set starting with Australia.  It's available now on ztwist here.

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the information Blue! I'm always looking for ways to make LA even MORE fun. :)
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Thank you so much for posting this. We love life of fred. I didn't realize they had an LA version. I just downloaded a sample and my boys will love it. It had me laughing. I know what I am ordering next.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Quoting jen2150: Thank you so much for posting this. We love life of fred. I didn't realize they had an LA version. I just downloaded a sample and my boys will love it. It had me laughing. I know what I am ordering next.

You're welcome!  Was the sample on the author's site?  I'd like to see the "your turn to play" if they have them for this series.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Yes. The your turn to play had me laughing. My kids are 10 and 11 but topics seemed useful for upper elementary and middle school as well.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting jen2150: Thank you so much for posting this. We love life of fred. I didn't realize they had an LA version. I just downloaded a sample and my boys will love it. It had me laughing. I know what I am ordering next.

You're welcome!  Was the sample on the author's site?  I'd like to see the "your turn to play" if they have them for this series.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Good to know.  I'm going to have to take a better look at the website and find them.  

Quoting jen2150: Yes. The your turn to play had me laughing. My kids are 10 and 11 but topics seemed useful for upper elementary and middle school as well.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
What grades do you think this would work best for? My son is in second this year; third next. I''m hoping for a good LA curriculum.

Quoting jen2150: Yes. The your turn to play had me laughing. My kids are 10 and 11 but topics seemed useful for upper elementary and middle school as well.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Some of the lessons are basic. I could see 3rd grade and up. I think the stories would appeal to younger kids as well. Sometimes it is surprising what they pick up. The sample had very simple questions at the end. I would read them the stories and evaluate whether the questions would be too difficult. I highly recommend write shop. It is very hands on.

Quoting chotovec82: What grades do you think this would work best for? My son is in second this year; third next. I''m hoping for a good LA curriculum.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:01 PM

It's really funny that the website recommends the books for 8th grade, but after looking at the sample pages, I am sure my 8yo could read the book himself and my 6yo could learn a lot from it too!

Quoting chotovec82: What grades do you think this would work best for? My son is in second this year; third next. I''m hoping for a good LA curriculum.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Omg! Life of Fred Language Arts! I'm squealing LOL

This is just what I've been looking for for 14yo dd. I want to order it tonight!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahhh! There's four of them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN