Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do you bounce back??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM
  • 12 Replies

This has been a rough week, both of us have been down with colds, I have had a headach for three days. Everything hurts. How do you keep going? We have only done about 1/3 of what I wanted done by today. I am stressing about report card meeting coming up.

I guess I just need a little encouragment.

How do you work when all you want to do is climb back into bed and sleep until you feel better??

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Our house was down last week with a TERRIBLE stomach virus. Hubs was hit Saturday night then ds got it almost exactly 48 hours later. And I surcomed to the germ two days after that. By the end if the week I was SO over it. Between feeling bad and the endless cleaning/laundry it was a disaster. But ds was feeling so good by the weekend that he ASKED to do school so we pretty much caught up(he's little though so catching up is easy at that age). Monday was his birthday and I hadn't planned on doing school but he wanted to so we were back on track this week. If we get behind I just remind myself that we can catch up on the odd weekend day, or I remember that the schools take odd random days off that we don't. But we don't have much oversight in TX and literaly non until ds is six, that's way less pressure. It will be OK. It's hard to focus on school when you don't feel good and/or are doped up on cold meds. Everything will get back in the swing of things in a couple days when the cold has left the building! Try not to focus on what isn't getting done it will just make you more stressed which in turn makes your cold last longer.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Thanks for that...this is my first year and I guess I was hoping for "picture perfect" I just cant fight right now...feel like a failure....he is outside right now doing PE and well he just fell out of a tree and scrapped his knee...guess school is pushed back a bit more...

southern_mom980
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Just rest and get well. The work will still be there. We all have to take an unexpected day off from time to time. Don't stress over this. Put on some Magic Schoolbus so he's still learning and go with it. It's okay to focus on yourself sometimes :)

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I just had gall bladder surgery and the kids joked that by the end of hte week, we'll have completed an entire day's work, LOL. When I need to go back to bed with a pain pill on board, I do. When I need to just sit and let my stomach muscles rest, I do. If we only get 5 math problems done, so what? I"m not on anyone elses schedule but mine.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Quoting Leissaintexas:

I just had gall bladder surgery and the kids joked that by the end of hte week, we'll have completed an entire day's work, LOL. When I need to go back to bed with a pain pill on board, I do. When I need to just sit and let my stomach muscles rest, I do. If we only get 5 math problems done, so what? I"m not on anyone elses schedule but mine.

Hope you are feeling better.

I have to check in ever friday with a account of what I have done in the week. and she will wrtie back and give me advice/feed back it its not "enough" I am already so far behind...I just wanted this to be prefect.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:19 AM

So what is their policy on sick days? That doesn't make any sense to me. Public school kids don't get sick?? As to this being perfect, no offense but I nearly laughed when I read that. But only because I remember when my goal was perfection and how quickly life disabused me of htat notion.  Please don't put that kind of pressure on yourself. YOu are human. You will get sick, and you will never feel completely caught up. Look at it like laundry. Unless you go around naked for days, the laundry will NEVER be caught up.  You are constantly doing, so unless you just give up, you'll make progress.  Here's a bit of encouragement: no matter how far behind you think you are, you are still doing better than the public school. seriously, you are.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Leissaintexas:

So what is their policy on sick days? That doesn't make any sense to me. Public school kids don't get sick?? As to this being perfect, no offense but I nearly laughed when I read that. But only because I remember when my goal was perfection and how quickly life disabused me of htat notion.  Please don't put that kind of pressure on yourself. YOu are human. You will get sick, and you will never feel completely caught up. Look at it like laundry. Unless you go around naked for days, the laundry will NEVER be caught up.  You are constantly doing, so unless you just give up, you'll make progress.  Here's a bit of encouragement: no matter how far behind you think you are, you are still doing better than the public school. seriously, you are.

Thanks for that I know the whole prefection thing was silly but I just had dreams you know...We are going to be started some projects next week and hopefully that will get us going again.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I usually climb back into bed till I feel better :)

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Are you working with a teacher? I am working with "TLA" Traditional Learning Acadmey and I a just behind what my homeschooling teacher set up for me so that really stresses me out.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:52 PM
I do but I just tell her we have been sick. This is what we did instead. I usually have the kids watch an educational video on what we are learning or do a page or two in a workbook they can do on their own. Between Christmas and migraines brought on from fighting off a sinus infection and my 8 year old crying about everything we have not got much of anything done. I am upset about it but she is just going to have to understand.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting KickButtMama:

Are you working with a teacher? I am working with "TLA" Traditional Learning Acadmey and I a just behind what my homeschooling teacher set up for me so that really stresses me out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN