Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

EmbarK12 for Preschoolers?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

Any moms use this?

If so, was it worth the cost? Can you resuse and keep a lot of the materials? Can they still start K on time if they don't finish the whole program? 

Thanks

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I've never used it but here's a bump!

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Thanks. :)

Quoting paganbaby:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

They could still start k12 on time because that goes on age and preschool does not affect public school.  I have never used Embarkk12 and never really wanted to.  K12 sends you a lot of stuff with thier public school program that you can keep. 

I will give you a heads up that k12 public school is not for everyone.  You have to follow their schedule and it does not always allow a lot of time to catch up if you get behind.  Also you do not have to do all the work for each lesson.  If your child understands you can move on.

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I have a first grader who is enrolled in k12 (our second year with them) and it's great for her. I know some people it just doesn't work but knock on wood it's amazing for us. :) Thanks for the info!

Quoting debramommyof4:

They could still start k12 on time because that goes on age and preschool does not affect public school.  I have never used Embarkk12 and never really wanted to.  K12 sends you a lot of stuff with thier public school program that you can keep. 

I will give you a heads up that k12 public school is not for everyone.  You have to follow their schedule and it does not always allow a lot of time to catch up if you get behind.  Also you do not have to do all the work for each lesson.  If your child understands you can move on.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM
No problem. It was ok for us for awhile. I am glad they have they have the option for others. Hope everything continues to be wonderful for you guys. It is nice to find something that works for awhile.

Quoting Honey_Comb:

I have a first grader who is enrolled in k12 (our second year with them) and it's great for her. I know some people it just doesn't work but knock on wood it's amazing for us. :) Thanks for the info!

Quoting debramommyof4:

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Hopefully problems don't stay. I see more patents complaining in the high school years. Hopefully we don't run into that but i have a long while before that happens.

Quoting debramommyof4: No problem. It was ok for us for awhile. I am glad they have they have the option for others. Hope everything continues to be wonderful for you guys. It is nice to find something that works for awhile.

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Quoting debramommyof4:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM
When ran into it being to slow and way to much work since we had many appointments with my husband after his motorcycle accident. So we pulled our 2nd (1st grade). Our oldest (2nd grade) asked for us to homeschool her with a charter or on our own instead. She told me she was bored with the work and wanted to do more hands on work.

The school we went through was not moving the girls through fast enough due to their rules and when we could not go to community day there was no real point for them. So we left. But it was a good fit for 2 years. It also gave me the confidence to homeschool on my own and make that choice.

Quoting Honey_Comb: Hopefully problems don't stay. I see more patents complaining in the high school years. Hopefully we don't run into that but i have a long while before that happens.

Quoting debramommyof4: No problem. It was ok for us for awhile. I am glad they have they have the option for others. Hope everything continues to be wonderful for you guys. It is nice to find something that works for awhile.

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Quoting debramommyof4:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 5:49 PM

No prob :-)

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Thanks. :)

Quoting paganbaby:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)