Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How many kids....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:30 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: How many kids do you have?

Options:

10+

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 61

View Results

How many kids do you have?
I am being bashed in another group about how I'm wanting to have my fourth kid. I get that this is a "2.5" kid society, but wow, why the heck is it anyone's business but my own? I mean, if me and my husband are happy with our family size, why does everyone feel the need to judge? When I see large families, I think "Wow, that must be fun!" and most people think "wow, I feel sorry for her". This is just a sad society of people. Children are wonderful blessings, whether your situation is "perfect" or not. Which most of us, truth be told is NOT. 
Just because a family has alot of money, does not, and will never make them good parents. Anyone else run into the bashing of having more than 2 kids?

by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
We have four. I love our family size. I would have more, but my health is not tip top.

I get a few naysayers and no one was excited about this last one except us and the kids. They were kind enough, but we don't have them to please others. We have kids because we love children and to honor God.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I get pity looks and people use to ask if they were all mine.  Now they do a veriation of how cute, they are beautiful are they yours?  Annoying but I just smile and say yes.  Then they proceed to tell me how busy I am.  To which I respond yes and I homeschool too.  It kind of makes them shut up because they can not think of anything else to say that is not blatently rude.

In my head I am thinking yeah, I live with all four  Pretty sure I know how much work they are.  Shhhhhh!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 18, 2014 at 6:35 AM
Tell 'em STFU @@
butterflycircle
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 10:49 AM

i have 3 and i would love love love more. i would love a big family. ideally the number i would like is 6 but i am ok with how ever many we are blessed with even if it is more or less than that. my husband, on the other hand, does not want any more kids. he was ok with just 2 but God works in mysterious ways and #3 surprised us lol.

my first was a girl and my second was a boyand so then i got the "oh, one of each. are you guys done now?"  Even now people just assume i am done having kids because i already have "so many".  they aresurprised when i say i would like more. my youngest is 10months and if i were to find i was pregnant i would be thrilled. maybe a little afriad to tell my husband lol but he would come around aooner or later. 

JadeTigr7
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I have five kids.  Yes, I got weird looks and things, even when I was pregnant with my 3rd.

ceckyl
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I always say how busy someone must be. Not because I'm trying to offend them, but because there are days I just want to hide under a rock and I only have 2 kids. I have so much respect for moms who can handle big families. Lol.

Quoting debramommyof4:

I get pity looks and people use to ask if they were all mine.  Now they do a veriation of how cute, they are beautiful are they yours?  Annoying but I just smile and say yes.  Then they proceed to tell me how busy I am.  To which I respond yes and I homeschool too.  It kind of makes them shut up because they can not think of anything else to say that is not blatently rude.

In my head I am thinking yeah, I live with all four  Pretty sure I know how much work they are.  Shhhhhh!

Numama72
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:04 AM
I agree...that's just rude...and you're right, this society is a mess. I have 4 step kids and am expecting my first :) I have a number of friends who have 4 or 5 and one amazing mom who has 8!! Every child is a blessing!

Quoting tonyanamelia:

How many kids do you have?
I am being bashed in another group about how I'm wanting to have my fourth kid. I get that this is a "2.5" kid society, but wow, why the heck is it anyone's business but my own? I mean, if me and my husband are happy with our family size, why does everyone feel the need to judge? When I see large families, I think "Wow, that must be fun!" and most people think "wow, I feel sorry for her". This is just a sad society of people. Children are wonderful blessings, whether your situation is "perfect" or not. Which most of us, truth be told is NOT. 
Just because a family has alot of money, does not, and will never make them good parents. Anyone else run into the bashing of having more than 2 kids?

Radiating2
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Note to self, no mentioning how busy a Mom of four or more children must be through small talk with Moms I don't really know. I would never ever mean it as a bash, ever. Just to express that I know she works hard. Taking care of 5, 6, 7 people's needs (I'm including hubby of course), all at once sometimes and ALL day long can't be easy. That being said, I believe you have to follow your own heart and have the family size you and your husband choose or you won't be truly happy.
I imagine even people who choose to have no children at all experience the same type of judgement or bashing from people who just can't quit understand.
For what it worth I think you ladies are Amazing :)
tinkerspell
by Kera on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM

yeah i have got 4 children and my life is sooo hectic sometimes lol wouldnt change it. i hate the comments yes im always busy yes they are all mine i get that and then some lol

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:11 AM
I have a 7 year old, almost 5 year old, 15 month old and am currently 33 weeks pregnant with our 4th. All girls. I would have more if finances allowed it. Do what YOU want! Not what other people think.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)