Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Poll

Question: How many kids do you have?

Options:

10+

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 61

View Results

How many kids do you have?
I am being bashed in another group about how I'm wanting to have my fourth kid. I get that this is a "2.5" kid society, but wow, why the heck is it anyone's business but my own? I mean, if me and my husband are happy with our family size, why does everyone feel the need to judge? When I see large families, I think "Wow, that must be fun!" and most people think "wow, I feel sorry for her". This is just a sad society of people. Children are wonderful blessings, whether your situation is "perfect" or not. Which most of us, truth be told is NOT. 
Just because a family has alot of money, does not, and will never make them good parents. Anyone else run into the bashing of having more than 2 kids?

by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM
We have three children. Yes I frequently hear the 'I could never do three' speech. I have frequently heard that i had my hands full..and even got an 'are they all yours?'
I would love to have a fourth...but it just isn't happening for us. I'm ok with three.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM

LOL.  I'm sorry this is rude, but I totally get a kick out of the fact that I'm getting railroaded IRL to have a 4th because the grandparents want a grand-daughter!  I have 3 boys, if I had another boy, it would make me cry and probably get depressed, so I won't put myself and the 3 children I already have through that.  Yeah, I'm a horrible person, I know.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:52 AM
We have two,but none together :(. I had one with my first husband, DH had one from a previous relationship...we met and started dating when they were both babies. Now, ten years later, we have full custody of both kids and act almost like a 'nuclear' family. The only odd thing is my son sleeps at his dads two nights a month. My daughter doesn't see nor talk to her mother.

DH and I want at least one together..but it's not in the cards and I'm not sure it ever will be. Due to circumstance, we had to move in with his mother quite a while ago and the unofficial agreement was no babies. That was seven years ago and, unfortunately, I don't see the situation changing anytime soon. Which means no babies anytime soon :(. Many people tell us it's not MILs business and we should do what we want, but out of respect for her we don't quite agree...well we agree its none of her business and doesn't really affect her, but we don't agree with just doing what we want anyway. I wish we did, lol. I really want a baby.
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Oh, and if it makes you feel any better...DH and I were really young when we had kids...so when I had two babies/toddlers/preschoolers and was in my early twenties, I got dirty looks and snide remarks often. I learned quickly to ignore everyone, it made me a happier person to not let myself feel judged by strangers ;)
Jenn8604
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I have one, but that is due to being SINGLE not because society says I shouldn't have more. I WANTED AT LEAST 4. Or more. God has other plans, which don't include a husband or more kids for me tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I have three and I'm happy with that. I've considered having more but with our finances and a small apartment, it's just not a good idea.

Forget everyone else. If you and dh are good with 4 or more, have at it :-)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM
It is usually old people that do this and they seem to be explaining the obvious or people who have no kids. Two kids can be a handful and keep you hopping as well.

Quoting ceckyl: I always say how busy someone must be. Not because I'm trying to offend them, but because there are days I just want to hide under a rock and I only have 2 kids. I have so much respect for moms who can handle big families. Lol.

Quoting debramommyof4:

I get pity looks and people use to ask if they were all mine.  Now they do a veriation of how cute, they are beautiful are they yours?  Annoying but I just smile and say yes.  Then they proceed to tell me how busy I am.  To which I respond yes and I homeschool too.  It kind of makes them shut up because they can not think of anything else to say that is not blatently rude.

In my head I am thinking yeah, I live with all four  Pretty sure I know how much work they are.  Shhhhhh!

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I have two kids. It is what we can afford. Children are a blessing but they are also a lot of work. I have had families tell me I need more kids. Some people will always be there to tell you what you are doing wrong. Chances those are the same people who complain about their kids driving them nuts all summer.
ambcortez
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:17 PM

If you're happy, then that's all that matters. People will bash if your favorite color is purple. It's stupid.

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:38 PM

We have two. I would love to have a large family, but it looks like that probably wont happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)