Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I should have done this years ago!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am falling in love with my laminator!

Here's our map of Europe.  The boys are learning all of the countries and regions.

And I laminated a hundreds chart guide for counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s...

I've got a bunch of other stuff lined up too.  Man, I wish I had gotten this cool toy sooner!

by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Quoting tonyanamelia:

My mother got me one of these....I miss it! It died, may it RIP. 
I will buy one for myself again one of these days. lol 

How long did it live?  And how did it die?

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Mobile Photo

One other thing we did was make our own magnets. I did this for the kids when Haley was in 5th grade ps for their winter party so they could decorate their lockers too.

We used pictures, comic books, printouts, and wrote down words to make fun sentences on the fridge.

I laid the rolled magnetic strips under books a few days so they wouldn't curl up.

Laminating . . . the possibilities are endless. :)
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I am obsessed w/ my laminator

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Mobile Photo

One other thing we did was make our own magnets. I did this for the kids when Haley was in 5th grade ps for their winter party so they could decorate their lockers too.

We used pictures, comic books, printouts, and wrote down words to make fun sentences on the fridge.

I laid the rolled magnetic strips under books a few days so they wouldn't curl up.

Laminating . . . the possibilities are endless. :)

Ohh, Ohh, Ohh!  Thank you thank you thank you!  These are awesome ideas!  Woohooo!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

I am obsessed w/ my laminator

I can feel an obsession coming on!

tonyanamelia
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Confession: I killed it. I put in a sheet to laminate, and was distracted by the kids for a second. While I looked away, it rolled up into the roller and I tried to grab it before it continued around the role, but I couldn't. I immediately turned it off, but unfortunately, it was already melted around the roll. Just always make sure you watch it go in AND come out and if it doesn't come out right away, stop it and pull up on the lever to open it. I failed to do this, so it didn't last but a year. 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting tonyanamelia:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Thank you for the confession.  It's always good to know the safety precautions.

Quoting tonyanamelia:

Confession: I killed it. I put in a sheet to laminate, and was distracted by the kids for a second. While I looked away, it rolled up into the roller and I tried to grab it before it continued around the role, but I couldn't. I immediately turned it off, but unfortunately, it was already melted around the roll. Just always make sure you watch it go in AND come out and if it doesn't come out right away, stop it and pull up on the lever to open it. I failed to do this, so it didn't last but a year. 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting tonyanamelia:

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Mine doesn't have a lever, but does have a backwards button.  If you hear a crinkling noise it's also time to reverse!  I've crinkled stuff twice.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Thank you for the confession.  It's always good to know the safety precautions.

Quoting tonyanamelia:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting tonyanamelia:

AmyMamie
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Have you seen this?  lol

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

I hadn't but that is awesome!  LOL

Quoting AmyMamie:

Have you seen this?  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)