Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homemade snow spray paint

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:36 AM
  • 23 Replies
4 moms liked this

We've been making our own snow spray paint for years using food coloring and water in a spray bottle.  It's loads of fun and much cheaper than the cans that are popping up everywhere. :)

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Cool idea!
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

You and your "go outside" posts!  There is snow on the ground so that I can stay inside by the fire and read!

LOL Just kidding.  That looks really cool.  Maybe I'll send the kids outside with it later......Did you notice that?

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM

You seriously crack me up!  Cozy warm hearths indeed!  There's a whole blank canvas on that front lawn (or out by the goat paddock!) just waiting to be painted! big smile mini

Quoting bluerooffarm:

You and your "go outside" posts!  There is snow on the ground so that I can stay inside by the fire and read!

LOL Just kidding.  That looks really cool.  Maybe I'll send the kids outside with it later......Did you notice that?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

*shudder* But....But...But.....it's cold and wet out there.  I'm sugar, if I get wet, I'll melt.  And......and....and.....there are books to read, and teas to drink!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

You seriously crack me up!  Cozy warm hearths indeed!  There's a whole blank canvas on that front lawn (or out by the goat paddock!) just waiting to be painted! big smile mini

Quoting bluerooffarm:

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Ha ha!  This is very true all the way around.  I did plow through a whole boatload of teas during the arctic blast. :)

We might fill up some more balloons with water and freeze them (idea stolen from BlackDolphin).  Our last ice snowman melted:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

*shudder* But....But...But.....it's cold and wet out there.  I'm sugar, if I get wet, I'll melt.  And......and....and.....there are books to read, and teas to drink!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh!  That's cool!  Oriental Trading company sells LED lights that are waterproof. Snap on of them in the balloon and fill and freeze them to make lights for your walkway.  We did that for our Church's luminaries last year.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Ha ha!  This is very true all the way around.  I did plow through a whole boatload of teas during the arctic blast. :)

We might fill up some more balloons with water and freeze them (idea stolen from BlackDolphin).  Our last ice snowman melted:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Wow, I'll bet that's gorgeous!  I need to order some fun things from them anyhow, so I'll save that as a surprise.  Thanks for that idea!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Oh!  That's cool!  Oriental Trading company sells LED lights that are waterproof. Snap on of them in the balloon and fill and freeze them to make lights for your walkway.  We did that for our Church's luminaries last year.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

It was gorgeous!  They almost glow.  You're welcome.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Wow, I'll bet that's gorgeous!  I need to order some fun things from them anyhow, so I'll save that as a surprise.  Thanks for that idea!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish we had snow over here :-(

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM

You're in Californ-I-A?  You've got beautiful mountains and oceans out there, but snow sure is in short supply.  :(

Quoting paganbaby:

I wish we had snow over here :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN