Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Draw Write Now, good for visual learners?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
My dd is in public school but I have taught her at home. She learned to read at home before going to K. She has no problem in math and enjoys drawing, but she is a reluctant write. I have seen the Draw Write Now book and I wanted to know if it works well with a visual learner. Any advice is appreciated.
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Precious333
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I would not be concerned about a child who cant write at kindergarten age. I honestly think.writing is pushed way too early in schools..i rather them be more fluent in reading before they are asked to write about something. Practicing letters is good, and we use draw write noe starting at kindergarten age, and thet LOVE it....all my kids, no matter what learning style they are strong in.
Maryloe
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Thank you and I agree about writing being pushed early. I plan on hs for first grade, but for now I am looking into finishing this yr at public school. One k teacher said, " Well it is not important if dd can read at a 2nd grade level because what is more important is writing in K".

Quoting Precious333: I would not be concerned about a child who cant write at kindergarten age. I honestly think.writing is pushed way too early in schools..i rather them be more fluent in reading before they are asked to write about something. Practicing letters is good, and we use draw write noe starting at kindergarten age, and thet LOVE it....all my kids, no matter what learning style they are strong in.
Precious333
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM
That's silly!

Quoting Maryloe: Thank you and I agree about writing being pushed early. I plan on hs for first grade, but for now I am looking into finishing this yr at public school. One k teacher said, " Well it is not important if dd can read at a 2nd grade level because what is more important is writing in K".

Quoting Precious333: I would not be concerned about a child who cant write at kindergarten age. I honestly think.writing is pushed way too early in schools..i rather them be more fluent in reading before they are asked to write about something. Practicing letters is good, and we use draw write noe starting at kindergarten age, and thet LOVE it....all my kids, no matter what learning style they are strong in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)