Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Looks like I'll be unexpectedly be co-teaching at DD's co op this term...

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:18 PM
  • 17 Replies

So, I was only going to be assisting in DD's co-op this term.  Technically it is my first term there.  DH volunteered last term because I worked day shift and couldn't make it.  

So I volunteered to move to night shift when the night tech got fired.  I was planning on assisting in 2 classes.  Now because of needs in other classes one of the main teachers doing this class moved to a different one.  Now it is me and another mom teaching it!  It is a cooperative games class for 9-12 year olds.  I'm super excited because my husband and I are HUGE board gamers (own 60+ board games and NOT Monopoly or Life lol).  I'm totally excited I get to help teach that class.  I'm also just assisting in a "games games games" class for 6-8 year olds in the 2nd block period.  This is all variety of board games for the 6-8 year range.  I'm totally excited!

My DD told me she didn't want me in her class (Kindergarten) becuase she does "just fine" with her teachers LOL.  So....I'm doing others.  

It starts next Monday and I'm looking forward to it!

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM

That sounds fun!

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I'll bet you have a blast.  What sort of games do you have?  We love Catan and all of its add ons.

armygirl16
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, it should be!  I'm bummed Olivia is slightly too young for the 6-8 classes (she is 5 1/2 so she has to stay in the Kinder class).  They have a superhero class for 6-8 year olds, a lego class, a hobbit class, colonial crafts and games, and a lot more that she would love.  Maybe next year!

I think next term I will sign up to teach a crocheting class to ages 9+ and maybe my own gaming class to 9+ as well.  

Quoting usmom3:

That sounds fun!

armygirl16
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this

It is easier to do it this way then to list all our games LOL.  I took this at Christmastime...Since then we have added "Ascension: Rise of the Vigil", "Uncharted, the board game", and "Sentinals of the Multiverse"  Oh I also won a game during our weekly game night...but I honestly forget what it was LOL

Although we did sell our copy of Arkham Horror and replaced it with Eldrich Horror (a new game that is an improvement of Arkham horror).  

It

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I'll bet you have a blast.  What sort of games do you have?  We love Catan and all of its add ons.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I want to take some of those classes! They all sounds great!

Quoting armygirl16:

Yeah, it should be!  I'm bummed Olivia is slightly too young for the 6-8 classes (she is 5 1/2 so she has to stay in the Kinder class).  They have a superhero class for 6-8 year olds, a lego class, a hobbit class, colonial crafts and games, and a lot more that she would love.  Maybe next year!

I think next term I will sign up to teach a crocheting class to ages 9+ and maybe my own gaming class to 9+ as well.  

Quoting usmom3:

That sounds fun!

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Me too!  I'll travel down the path through Mirkwood with you. :)

Quoting usmom3:

Wow, I want to take some of those classes! They all sounds great!

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting usmom3:

That sounds fun!

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Is the Uncharted the board game based off of the video game? I love that video game series!

Quoting armygirl16:

It is easier to do it this way then to list all our games LOL.  I took this at Christmastime...Since then we have added "Ascension: Rise of the Vigil", "Uncharted, the board game", and "Sentinals of the Multiverse"  Oh I also won a game during our weekly game night...but I honestly forget what it was LOL

Although we did sell our copy of Arkham Horror and replaced it with Eldrich Horror (a new game that is an improvement of Arkham horror).  

It

Quoting TidewaterClan:

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM

That's a super sweet stash of games!  We love Smallworld, though dh thrashed all of us the last time we played.

If you have a chance - which ones do enjoy the most?  My older dd especially (12) loves to play.  We've even gone to Origins game convention in Columbus and will go again this year. 

Quoting armygirl16:

It

Quoting TidewaterClan:

armygirl16
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Yes, it is.  Tomorrow is my husbands birthday and I bought it for him.  He has been asking for it for awhile.  I let him open it today since we go to our Wednesday game night tonight (60-100 people playing board games at a bar/pub).  We bring a lot of games to game night so I thought he would want to bring it.  

Quoting usmom3:

Is the Uncharted the board game based off of the video game? I love that video game series!

Quoting armygirl16:

It

Quoting TidewaterClan:

armygirl16
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I love territory control games and strategy games.  Castles of Burgundy if one I really love as well as Stone Age and T'zolkin.  Smallworld is great too.  I also love the deckbuilding games like Dominion, Trains and Ascension.  

I just love games LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan:

That's a super sweet stash of games!  We love Smallworld, though dh thrashed all of us the last time we played.

If you have a chance - which ones do enjoy the most?  My older dd especially (12) loves to play.  We've even gone to Origins game convention in Columbus and will go again this year. 

Quoting armygirl16:

It

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)