Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Posters I make instead of buying.

Posted by   + Show Post

I've posted some before and I thought I would re-post those plus some more I have done. It sure beats buying them in the store!! And you can make them however you want!!

Plural Nouns and Different Endings.

Our Classroom Rules!

Nick Noun and Vicky Verb to help tell the difference!

Questions to ask instead of saying I don't Know!

How to construct a detailed sentence!!

The difference between Their, There and They're.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Well lets see here....we were at story time at our local library and there were other kids there. The librarian asked a question and my kids shouted out the answers instead of raising their hand. The other kids didn't get a chance to answer. So that's a rule so when they are in a place with other children they are polite. Sorry if polite kids creep you out.

As far as me being the teacher and her sister a classmate, it helps separate us from mom and lids. This helps when they are getting frustrated. A teacher wouldn't be able to send them to their room or yell at them so we find ways to work around the frustrations. Sorry if me trying to be a better mom creeps you out.

Is that enough of an explanation for you?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Calling mom teacher and siblings classmates seems a bit creepy to me. Also making your kids raise their hands, really?

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Lol Since when are rules at home for your kids creepy? No I eSchool my own kids. Right now I have 2 that I school and eventually I will have 4. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Are these for a co-op that you teach at? Honestly if these are for your children in your own home I find the rules one a bit creepy. 

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Oh sorry I misread.

My kids call me teacher mommy sometimes. They think it is funny.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I said the rules one, meaning the poster with the rules. I wasn't specifying rule number 1. I find the OP referring to herself as teacher and her children as students a bit creepy.

Quoting debramommyof4: I have that rule or they would be grabbing, hugging or poking each other while I am trying to get them to finish their work. Now they try to start arguments so I am about to start a no talking for a week (during school) unless spoken to, so they understand it is a privilege.

I hate doing that but I also hate sending them to their rooms or the wall in the middle of lessons.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Are these for a co-op that you teach at? Honestly if these are for your children in your own home I find the rules one a bit creepy. 

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Different doesn't equal better. My kids have always understood that some rules apply in public that don't apply at home, and most kids I know (whether public schooled, private schooled, homeschooled or too young to be in school) understand too . Being polite doesn't creep me out. Training your children to be little robots in their own home creeps me out. Also the fact that you think that you have to use different means of discipline during school time with your own children also creeps me out. However I see education as a life long journey instead of something to suffer through during class time.

Quoting Honey_Comb: Well lets see here....we were at story time at our local library and there were other kids there. The librarian asked a question and my kids shouted out the answers instead of raising their hand. The other kids didn't get a chance to answer. So that's a rule so when they are in a place with other children they are polite. Sorry if polite kids creep you out.

As far as me being the teacher and her sister a classmate, it helps separate us from mom and lids. This helps when they are getting frustrated. A teacher wouldn't be able to send them to their room or yell at them so we find ways to work around the frustrations. Sorry if me trying to be a better mom creeps you out.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Calling mom teacher and siblings classmates seems a bit creepy to me. Also making your kids raise their hands, really?

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Lol Since when are rules at home for your kids creepy? No I eSchool my own kids. Right now I have 2 that I school and eventually I will have 4. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, the point of this post was to help other moms save some money by making their own posters. You may refer to me as Mrs. Creepy if you'd like. I understand that there are close minded people out there who automatically think your weird because you choose to do different things. My kids are far from robots but there's so explaining things to you so I'm signing off.

Sincerely yours,
Mrs. Creepy

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Different doesn't equal better. My kids have always understood that some rules apply in public that don't apply at home, and most kids I know (whether public schooled, private schooled, homeschooled or too young to be in school) understand too . Being polite doesn't creep me out. Training your children to be little robots in their own home creeps me out. Also the fact that you think that you have to use different means of discipline during school time with your own children also creeps me out. However I see education as a life long journey instead of something to suffer through during class time.

Quoting Honey_Comb: Well lets see here....we were at story time at our local library and there were other kids there. The librarian asked a question and my kids shouted out the answers instead of raising their hand. The other kids didn't get a chance to answer. So that's a rule so when they are in a place with other children they are polite. Sorry if polite kids creep you out.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Oh good grief, I see that you aren't mature enough to have a discussion, which of course makes you the closed minded one. There's "so explaining to me", if you mean "no explaining to me", I thought that is what we were doing, having a discussion and explaining our differences. I'm sorry that you are too immature and closed minded to know what a discussion is.

Quoting Honey_Comb: Well, the point of this post was to help other moms save some money by making their own posters. You may refer to me as Mrs. Creepy if you'd like. I understand that there are close minded people out there who automatically think your weird because you choose to do different things. My kids are far from robots but there's so explaining things to you so I'm signing off.

Sincerely yours,
Mrs. Creepy

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Well why don't we try this. You be mature enough not to say the things I do that you don't agree with are creepy? That seemed immature to me. And fixing a typo...really? Lol. Was that supposed to be insulting?

How old are your kids? I haven't had the rules sign hung up since last year when my girls were 5 & 3. I felt it was important to teach them politeness that they use in the home as well as out. Different doesn't always equal better, but different doesn't always equal worse. I choose my way and you choose yours. Perks of me having my kids and you having yours.

As far as the teacher thing goes, I don't require them to call me Mrs anything. Just so they know when we are in the school room we are learning. Keeping that separate in our eyes has made it easier for us to keep frustration levels down. So it has made our days much better and happier. Why is making our days easier with less struggle so bad to you?

Quoting sha_lyn68: Oh good grief, I see that you aren't mature enough to have a discussion, which of course makes you the closed minded one. There's "so explaining to me", if you mean "no explaining to me", I thought that is what we were doing, having a discussion and explaining our differences. I'm sorry that you are too immature and closed minded to know what a discussion is.Quoting Honey_Comb: Well, the point of this post was to help other moms save some money by making their own posters. You may refer to me as Mrs. Creepy if you'd like. I understand that there are close minded people out there who automatically think your weird because you choose to do different things. My kids are far from robots but there's so explaining things to you so I'm signing off.

Sincerely yours,
Mrs. Creepy

Quoting sha_lyn68: Different doesn't equal better. My kids have always understood that some rules apply in public that don't apply at home, and most kids I know (whether public schooled, private schooled, homeschooled or too young to be in school) understand too . Being polite doesn't creep me out. Training your children to be little robots in their own home creeps me out. Also the fact that you think that you have to use different means of discipline during school time with your own children also creeps me out. However I see education as a life long journey instead of something to suffer through during class time.Quoting Honey_Comb: Well lets see here....we were at story time at our local library and there were other kids there. The librarian asked a question and my kids shouted out the answers instead of raising their hand. The other kids didn't get a chance to answer. So that's a rule so when they are in a place with other children they are polite. Sorry if polite kids creep you out.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

katyq
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Some of us want to provide structure for our children and also teach them how to behave properly around other people so they grow up to be fully functional members of society. I suppose allowing your kids to run amok with no sense of direction as they grow would be your preference.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! Thank you.

Quoting katyq:

Some of us want to provide structure for our children and also teach them how to behave properly around other people so they grow up to be fully functional members of society. I suppose allowing your kids to run amok with no sense of direction as they grow would be your preference.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Honey_Comb: Well, the point of this post was to help other moms save some money by making their own posters. You may refer to me as Mrs. Creepy if you'd like. I understand that there are close minded people out there who automatically think your weird because you choose to do different things. My kids are far from robots but there's so explaining things to you so I'm signing off.

Sincerely yours,
Mrs. Creepy

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Right because the only option other than referring to mom as teacher and siblings as classmates is having no structure, no teaching them how to behave around other people and letting them run amok.  That is a great example of closed mindedness at it's finest.

Quoting katyq:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting Honey_Comb:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)