Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How many of you use this?

What do you like/ dislike about it? 

Any one used the delta or gamma books? As those will be the ones we start with if decide to use it..

Are the teacher books good? 

Are the teachers books really needed? Do they help you explain the things to the children?

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Replies (21-24):
bldjrs123
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:49 PM

We have a printer and i have to buy ink and paper anyways for the other stuff that i dont plan on getting actual books for but thanks for the heads up that way i can decide either way on the copying

Quoting KrissyKC: People copy stuff all the time, but I think its technically copywrited. Although it would be just as easy to have them write it all on blank paper. That makes it a little more work/writing though.

The student book in gamma is over 430 pgs long. Do you have your own copier or would you be paying 5-15 cents per copy?

Quoting bldjrs123:

Thanks ladies this has been very helpful... Me and the so are going to talk about it all later and if all goes well (funds included) hopefully we will be getting it next week... I think it might be best if i get the gamma 1st just to strengthing those skills and get them use to using the book and dvd... and then in a few weeks get the delta to start adding it in so that i dont have to buy so much at one time... Now to decide if i just want to get one student pack or two lol.... 

Side Question... In the student pack is it basicly just the workbook? or is there other things included.. If its just the workbook then i think i might just get one to keep it cheap and just make copies of the lessons for the other kid lol... hmmm not sure if workbook or ink and paper would be cheaper.... 

bldjrs123
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Thanks ladies yall have been a great help on this and will make the talking with the so better so we have a better understanding on it....thank you

bldjrs123
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM

What is the Waldorf method??

Quoting Boobah: I bought alpha, beta and gamma for my daughter thinking it would be easier or more helpful. It confused the day lights out of her and made her cry because it wasn't how we had originally taught her and she didn't understand. That isn't saying it's bad, it just didn't work for us. It may work way better for my other daughter who hasn't been taught any math (besides counting) yet (she is 4). For my older daughter we use a Waldorf method of math and it works really well for her. Very hands on and understandable. It doesn't even feel like we are " teaching".

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Waldorf is a method, like Charlotte mason or classical is a method of teaching. But it is very hands on, art and nature inspired. Here is a better description
http://www.whywaldorfworks.org/02_W_Education/grades1_8.asp

Quoting bldjrs123:

What is the Waldorf method??

Quoting Boobah: I bought alpha, beta and gamma for my daughter thinking it would be easier or more helpful. It confused the day lights out of her and made her cry because it wasn't how we had originally taught her and she didn't understand. That isn't saying it's bad, it just didn't work for us. It may work way better for my other daughter who hasn't been taught any math (besides counting) yet (she is 4). For my older daughter we use a Waldorf method of math and it works really well for her. Very hands on and understandable. It doesn't even feel like we are " teaching".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN