Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone use evolution homeschool curriculum

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM
  • 12 Replies
http://www.evolutionhomeschool.com/first-grade.html. I'm looking for a secular curriculum for 1st grade and came across this one...I know it isn't it's "own" curriculum but pulls from others to where you can buy them in one box together. We are not using a box curriculum for K right now just different workbooks and hands on things but I'm looking to use something a little more rounded out for 1st and hope to go ahead and buy with tax money. :) I really like the looks of everything included in this one and the price isn't too bad compared to others I've checked out! Thanks in advance!
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM
No but have you looked at timberdoodle? They are really good and very helpful.
veganmomma2
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Yes that is my other choice...I know they told me none of their box sets are secular but that if I call when I order, if I use them, they will can replace the things that aren't with things that are and basically build a secular box set.. so I thought that was pretty good...I really like them too but know people that have used it so I have reviews of it just trying to get some on evolution before it comes time to order :)

Quoting debramommyof4: No but have you looked at timberdoodle? They are really good and very helpful.
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I'm going through www.rainbowresource.com for my curriculum next year.  It doesn't come with a schedule so we will be making our own.  They do have secular and religous packages as well.

veganmomma2
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Oo Thanks I've not heard of them before. . Will Def check out!!

Quoting Silverkitty:

I'm going through www.rainbowresource.com for my curriculum next year.  It doesn't come with a schedule so we will be making our own.  They do have secular and religous packages as well.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Time4learning.com is secular. I think it needs handwriting, library books and extra art projects on the stuff it covers... but its a good guide and costs $20 monthly.

Most curric I know is christian.
veganmomma2
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Thanks .. I've looked at time for learning but once spring/summer gets here we are outside allot so I'm looking for something that can go with us without having to drag the laptop or tablet out!

Quoting KrissyKC: Time4learning.com is secular. I think it needs handwriting, library books and extra art projects on the stuff it covers... but its a good guide and costs $20 monthly.

Most curric I know is christian.
Clairwil
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting veganmomma2: I'm looking for a secular curriculum for 1st grade

Ask on this group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/119855/

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I use a Houghton Mifflin textbook (public school text) as the core for my elementary science courses.  You can find public school resources on Amazon by searching for the big publishers: Houghton Mifflin, Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, McGraw-Hill, and Spectrum are the big ones.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM

We're still feeling out science right now. I think I'll check that out :-)

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Oh, it says page not found :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)