Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Am I crazy!?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm already looking at different curriculums for my dd for next yr. I'm pretty excited with what I'm going to go with. For Math- Khan Academy, science- Apologia ( never used before so gonna rry it) Reading/LA- Lifepacs, History- Heritage of History, Art- You tube and varies art books on hand, and she wants to learn Japanese,so that's gonna be a combo of Google Translate and YesJapan.com. I'm curious if anyone has used the Apologia, and Heritage of History? What are your thoughts on them?
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Japanese irasshai

Headevas
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Hey thanks! I'll check that out.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
We just did our first apologia. Anatomy. It was fun and very informative, but make an effort to do as many of the mini projects and experiments as you can. I highly recommend the notebooking journal unless you'd prefer to do your own journal/notebook.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not crazy at all!  I have our list written up on a postit on my computer screen along with prices and where to order them!  You are prepared!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and....I know what I need for next year already, I even have much of it already or am buying it little by little.
Headevas
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Thanks Ladies! I feel much better! I'm just so excited about dd 2nd yr of homeschooling. She will be in "5th grade", and she is thriving now!
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so awesome! The kids definitely feed off of our excitement, so go for it! I don't use purchased curricula so I am no help there. But I'm known to start planning waaay in advance since our curriculum is in a constant state of evolution. Go for it!.....or maybe we all share the same kind of crazy? You don't want to even see how stupid excited I can be when faced with a sale on school supplies or even, gasp, organizational tools! *sigh*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN