Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Stupid Weather...

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:13 AM
  • 8 Replies
My first grader had a Science Fair at a local library this afternoon and its been cancelled. She is so bummed. So am I for that matter.

What's the weather where you're at?
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Well our thermometer is stuck at negative 2 and the door was frozen shut this morning!  LOL  We have a foot of snow and more on the way.  I hate winter!

I'm so sorry you are feeling bummed!  Our co-op has cancelled almost every January meet so far this year because big drafty auditorium is hard to heat.  Will they reschedule?  

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Right now it's -3 degrees outside, where normally it would be in the mid 30's. It's helped our unpacking though, since it's too cold for the kids to play outside!

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah they will reschedule. We were excited. Lol. We are in Ohio and the last few winters have been mild. To have a real winter has thrown us off bad. Haha

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Well our thermometer is stuck at negative 2 and the door was frozen shut this morning!  LOL  We have a foot of snow and more on the way.  I hate winter!

I'm so sorry you are feeling bummed!  Our co-op has cancelled almost every January meet so far this year because big drafty auditorium is hard to heat.  Will they reschedule?  

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Its 2 here right now. A couple weeks ago it was -4 and even worse with the wind chill. Either way its too cold!!!

Quoting KickButtMama:

Right now it's -3 degrees outside, where normally it would be in the mid 30's. It's helped our unpacking though, since it's too cold for the kids to play outside!

MybabyKisses
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Hey you are in the March 2014 group with me ;)

Well the weather here is icy right now but it should all melt off later in the day and warm up a bit. Sorry your dd has to miss out on the science fair today.

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Haha! Yes!! Wahoo!

I think she's over it now. Lol. She was disappointed for like five mins and then started playing with her sisters. Haha. I wish I could get over things that fast.

Quoting MybabyKisses:

Hey you are in the March 2014 group with me ;)

Well the weather here is icy right now but it should all melt off later in the day and warm up a bit. Sorry your dd has to miss out on the science fair today.

Molimomma
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Icy :( I'm bummed because we were going to the base today to see daddy at work(he graduated a new group of trainees) and now we can't go. My husband is ALWAYS at work and graduation day is an oppotunity for my son to really see and understand what it is he's actually doing when he is gone.

Honey_Comb
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Awe. That stinks. :(

Quoting Molimomma:

Icy :( I'm bummed because we were going to the base today to see daddy at work(he graduated a new group of trainees) and now we can't go. My husband is ALWAYS at work and graduation day is an oppotunity for my son to really see and understand what it is he's actually doing when he is gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)