Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is anyone else celebrating Chinese New Year this Friday, January 31?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey ladies!  Is anyone else going to honor Chinese New Year?  We're going to do some fun things.  It's the Year of the Horse.

This first site has a ton of wonderful links including recipes. I pulled out this link as it has fun activities including crafts, printables, coloring pages, dot to dots, etc.

I like this http://www.chinesenewyears.info/ too.  It's simple and has a nice breakdown of everything connected to Chinese New Year.  

Sui Sui Ping An (歲歲平安) everyone!  I'd better get the house clean before Friday comes. :)

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Replies (41-43):
TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM

They're interesting to say the least!  She likes freezing everything, so we've had frozen yogurt with fruit and granola, frozen chocolate syrup with sprinkles on it, and lots of frozen fruit.  Her concoctions are healthy for the most part; they just have to thaw out first!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL!  That's so funny!  How are her creative dishes?

Quoting TidewaterClan:

This is too true about the control!  My youngest has been making some creative things for us to eat.  She always does it when I'm busy doing something else.  I think she's figured out a way to not worry about me helping her!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Yep, they are quite a bit messier!  LOL

He usually has suggestions like let them pick a recipe or let them pick a new veggie to try.  It's always the hard stuff like giving up control! :-p

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I'll bet that made an awesome crumb topping!  

Things are definitely messier when my girls are in the kitchen with me, and we've had some meals that needing a fair amount of tweaking.  

Your brother probably has all kinds of cool ideas.  That would be handy around here just to get out of slumps now and then.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL!  We have had a few disasters (bigger disasters than dry muffins), but mostly we have successes.  We tried to make the gingerbreadman cookies from the Jan Brett book (it is not an exact recipe) and it was a disaster, but we mixed the crumbly dough with some rolled oats and used it as a crisp topping.

My brother is a chef.  He gives us some pointers now and then.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

You should get her the Ben and Jerry's cookbook!  It has some really yummy ice cream concoctions!  She'd love it!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

They're interesting to say the least!  She likes freezing everything, so we've had frozen yogurt with fruit and granola, frozen chocolate syrup with sprinkles on it, and lots of frozen fruit.  Her concoctions are healthy for the most part; they just have to thaw out first!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

This is too true about the control!  My youngest has been making some creative things for us to eat.  She always does it when I'm busy doing something else.  I think she's figured out a way to not worry about me helping her!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

He usually has suggestions like let them pick a recipe or let them pick a new veggie to try.  It's always the hard stuff like giving up control! :-p

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Things are definitely messier when my girls are in the kitchen with me, and we've had some meals that needing a fair amount of tweaking.  

Your brother probably has all kinds of cool ideas.  That would be handy around here just to get out of slumps now and then.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL!  We have had a few disasters (bigger disasters than dry muffins), but mostly we have successes.  We tried to make the gingerbreadman cookies from the Jan Brett book (it is not an exact recipe) and it was a disaster, but we mixed the crumbly dough with some rolled oats and used it as a crisp topping.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't even know they had a cookbook!  She's absolutely love that!  Thanks for the info. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

You should get her the Ben and Jerry's cookbook!  It has some really yummy ice cream concoctions!  She'd love it!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)