Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Going back to homeschooling

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've been lurking in the group for a few weeks, and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Ashley, I have 4 kids- ds(8), dd(4), ds(3), and ds(1). I homeschooled my oldest Landon last year for 1st grade after he spent 2 years in kindergarten in public school. We moved last summer from Colorado to Alabama and he said he wanted to try out the public school here because his cousins go. He told us 2 months ago that he would rather homeschool yay! He said he liked the school and made friends, but he misses us, learns more at home, and he wants to read whatever books he wants to lol.

So after a big discussion we've decided to homeschool all 4 throughout their entire school years. My oldest is going to finish out the school year, and I'm spending this time getting prepared!

So does anyone else homeschool from Alabama? Their laws are quite different from Colorado's and I wanted to see what "church school" others went through.
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on your big decision! I will say, life will never be dull,lol.

Unfourtunatly I don't have any advice for Alabama. I live out here in California. But here's a bump!

AshleyLynnW
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Thanks for the bump!

Quoting paganbaby:

Congrats on your big decision! I will say, life will never be dull,lol.

Unfourtunatly I don't have any advice for Alabama. I live out here in California. But here's a bump!

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I am in VA but have you looked on yahoo groups for local groups? Library are sometimes helpful for finding local Homeschoolers.
AshleyLynnW
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I'll have to look there! Thank you!

Quoting jen2150: I am in VA but have you looked on yahoo groups for local groups? Library are sometimes helpful for finding local Homeschoolers.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 27, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Congrats on the decision! I'm neither in Alabama, nor use a curriculum, so I'm no help but I wanted to welcome you anyway ;)

AshleyLynnW
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Thank you! I have loved reading everyone's posts, very informative!

Quoting KickButtMama:

Congrats on the decision! I'm neither in Alabama, nor use a curriculum, so I'm no help but I wanted to welcome you anyway ;)

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Welcome to the group! I too am no help to you because I am in Texas & we unschool but I wanted to let you know that I am glad to meet you!

AshleyLynnW
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Thanks! We've talked about moving to Texas if dh got the opportunity at work to transfer.

Quoting usmom3:

Welcome to the group! I too am no help to you because I am in Texas & we unschool but I wanted to let you know that I am glad to meet you!

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Not in Alabama but GA hosts the SE Homeschool conference in July! Welcome to the grp
AshleyLynnW
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting ablackdolphin: Not in Alabama but GA hosts the SE Homeschool conference in July! Welcome to the grp
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN