Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Small Group/Middle School group ideas?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are doing a small group thing with our neighbor.  We were doing cake decorating, now I think we are ready for something different.  The neighbor is a 14 yo girl, then I have an 11.5 yo boy and a 10.5 yo girl.  At the neighbor's house (where we would most likely meet) they also have almost 5 yo and 4yo boys.  The 5 yo likes to try to join in, but can't do as much as the big kids.

Anyway, we are trying to come up with ideas of a little group thing they could do once a week.  Any ideas?  It is freezing here, so it really needs to be doable inside only for the winter.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Replies (11-12):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

That is great! I love to hear of friendships like the 2 of you have, it sounds like she is an amazing person!

Quoting TJandKarasMom: She has been such an awesome support for me. I left a note on her mailbox last April after a lot of thought (years of thought) about hsing. She emailed me that evening and invited me over to talk about it all. She has let us borrow tons of books and has answered my millions of questions. And has been super supportive when others in my life weren't.

She was exactly what I needed. If I can do anything to repay her, I try! I'm glad we have become friends and that our kids enjoy each other :)

Quoting usmom3:

Such great ideas! I have nothing original to add but I wanted to say I think it is great that you & the other Mom are working together to do this!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
What about charades using a period of history that you are learning about? or How about a vocabulary hangman game?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN