Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Goat kid...Ot

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:53 PM
  • 18 Replies
3 moms liked this

What do you do when momma goats abandon their babies?  Give the baby to a 6yo of course!  LOL

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:01 PM

We had a pet goat when my oldest was 4. We learned that goats like to headbutt you when you are not looking. My oldest got knocked down by the goat a lot. He hates goats now!

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:12 PM
How sweet! What an excellent substitute parent he makes. :)
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting usmom3:

We had a pet goat when my oldest was 4. We learned that goats like to headbutt you when you are not looking. My oldest got knocked down by the goat a lot. He hates goats now!

Aww that sucks!  We have never gotten headbutted.  We've now had goats for 6 (?) years, and right now we have 12 goats.  I keep hearing about people getting head butted, so I guess eventually it'll happen but it hasn't yet.  We did have one male goat that hubby wanted to sell as a stud, he used to headbutt the fencing (he was all black and I called him black B@$t@rd, he was yummy!).  Plus I think if one did headbutt it would be dead in seconds.  I would not put up with that crap.  It'd be yummy.  LOL :-)  

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TidewaterClan: How sweet! What an excellent substitute parent he makes. :)

Thanks!  He's being a great "momma."  

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, too cute!

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
That's so cute!
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting usmom3:

Aww that sucks!  We have never gotten headbutted.  We've now had goats for 6 (?) years, and right now we have 12 goats.  I keep hearing about people getting head butted, so I guess eventually it'll happen but it hasn't yet.  We did have one male goat that hubby wanted to sell as a stud, he used to headbutt the fencing (he was all black and I called him black B@$t@rd, he was yummy!).  Plus I think if one did headbutt it would be dead in seconds.  I would not put up with that crap.  It'd be yummy.  LOL :-)  

Ours was a male! We started looking for a new home for him as soon as he started doing it but finding a new home for a goat is not as easy as you might think!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting usmom3:

Ours was a male! We started looking for a new home for him as soon as he started doing it but finding a new home for a goat is not as easy as you might think!

I know exactly how hard it can be!  LOL.  My kids named a little boy goat (we don't name what we intend to eat).  It was black with a white stripe around its middle and they called it Oreo.  Since we weren't able to kill and eat him, and since we had already snipped him, we tried selling him.  Finally we gave him away as a companion to a female that we had bred for a lady.  It's tough to get rid of them!

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting usmom3:

I know exactly how hard it can be!  LOL.  My kids named a little boy goat (we don't name what we intend to eat).  It was black with a white stripe around its middle and they called it Oreo.  Since we weren't able to kill and eat him, and since we had already snipped him, we tried selling him.  Finally we gave him away as a companion to a female that we had bred for a lady.  It's tough to get rid of them!

Ha-ha, that was a good name for him! Ours was adopted to a man that owned a goat farm & needed a male for a group of females that had gotten to big for the one male he had. From what I understood he was going to be living the high life with a harem all his own!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting usmom3:

Ha-ha, that was a good name for him! Ours was adopted to a man that owned a goat farm & needed a male for a group of females that had gotten to big for the one male he had. From what I understood he was going to be living the high life with a harem all his own!

That is awesome!  I'm glad he got such a posh life!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)