Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

i dodnt know what to choose

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter who is 6,  always say " i don't know what to choose" a lot.

Is this common. or should i have to build her decision making skills? any tips for me please.

Example when u show her 4 candy- she reply " i don't know what to choose"

which dress you want to were. she reply " " i don't know what to choose"

Which home work you want to do first : " i dodnt know what to choose"

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Replies (11-12):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM
I'd just stop giving her choices for a while. She won't be indecisive forever and it may be causing her anxiety right now. My daughters sometimes have trouble making decisions also, because they always think "well I like BOTH of them and don't want to miss out". Especially with food. I got tired of the battle, and each of them wanting something different. So now I make a menu plan for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack. Everything is decided, there are no arguments, nothing to negotiate. They are surprisingly happy with this. They prefer not to have to choose every little thing, and I prefer not having to wait around for the decision on every little thing.
I still give them choices throughout the day, but I do limit the choices to two things. Decision making can be overwhelming until they get to be around 9/10 and have better decision making abilities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
julesjerry
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Thank you all. Today i started counting after giving her choice 3-2-1. She decided when i said 2. It works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)