Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Look over what I plan to use? ~update~

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:44 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

A spin off on my "I hate pulling it all together."

Would you all look over what I chose?  My daughter doesn't like text books, but likes work books.  My son loves being read to doing just about anything at the moment.

Daughter

History - Medieval from Beautiful Feet

Math - Saxon Algebra 1/2

Science - ScienceSaurus with DayBooks

Writing - Jump In!

Grammar - Easy Grammar Plus

Literature plus study guides - Anne of Green Gables, Call of the Wild, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Christmas Carol, The Giver, The Hobbit, Little Women, The Secret Garden, Witch of Blackbird Pond and A Wrinkle in Time.

~update~. We are also planning on watching movies of most of the books we read.  To discuss the difference between them. 

Son

History - 2 years Early American from Beautiful Feet

Phonics - McRuffy Phonics

Science - McRuffy Science

Math - Math in Focus K

Handwriting - D'Nealian Handwirting

And lots of reading books.

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I think it looks great, but I'm totally ignorant of curriculum..lol

bldjrs123
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:11 PM
What do u mean study guides (for the books) and where do u get them..

Quoting Silverkitty:

A spin off on my "I hate pulling it all together."

Would you all look over what I chose?  My daughter doesn't like text books, but likes work books.  My son loves being read to doing just about anything at the moment.

Daughter

History - Medieval from Beautiful Feet

Math - Saxon Algebra 1/2

Science - ScienceSaurus with DayBooks

Writing - Jump In!

Grammar - Easy Grammar Plus

Literature plus study guides - Anne of Green Gables, Call of the Wild, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Christmas Carol, The Giver, The Hobbit, Little Women, The Secret Garden, Witch of Blackbird Pond and A Wrinkle in Time.

Son

History - 2 years Early American from Beautiful Feet

Phonics - McRuffy Phonics

Science - McRuffy Science

Math - Math in Focus K

Handwriting - D'Nealian Handwirting

And lots of reading books.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Activities that go with the books.

Quoting bldjrs123: What do u mean study guides (for the books) and where do u get them..

Literature plus study guides -

Anne of Green Gables,

Call of the Wild,

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,

Christmas Carol,

The Giver,

The Hobbit,

Little Women,

The Secret Garden,

Witch of Blackbird Pond

A Wrinkle in Time.

bldjrs123
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Aww great u get a double awesome lol... one cause I didnt know bout that sight and two cuz I sure could had used these this yr... my dd has read alot of the nooks you have listed... onky down side my dd can read say as example littke women in 1-2 days lol... thats a lot to shell out every few days lol... ill have to look more in to this tomorrow when im not on mobile lol thx alot...
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Hehe.  I wish I could do what you do.  Since i can't, I try to let my daughter pick what she wants to learn, and I try to find what fits.  

Quoting KickButtMama:

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:17 PM

You know what? That's pretty much what I do as well, except its daily instead of them choosing a curriculum. That's the beauty of HS...finding what works for your unique family and having the freedom to choose it!

Quoting Silverkitty:

Hehe.  I wish I could do what you do.  Since i can't, I try to let my daughter pick what she wants to learn, and I try to find what fits.  

Quoting KickButtMama:

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I love ALL the literature you are wnating her to read next year.  I LOVED most of this books.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this

That beautiful feet looks really awesome!  I'm tucking that site away until my boys are going through their middle school years!  Thanks!

It all looks really great to me!  You're covered!

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Those are just the books we are going to study, not all the books she will read.  I'm going to have her pick out something to read while reading things she doesn't really want to.  So she will have something to look forward to.

Quoting bldjrs123: Aww great u get a double awesome lol... one cause I didnt know bout that sight and two cuz I sure could had used these this yr... my dd has read alot of the nooks you have listed... onky down side my dd can read say as example littke women in 1-2 days lol... thats a lot to shell out every few days lol... ill have to look more in to this tomorrow when im not on mobile lol thx alot...

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Looks great.  We just listened to a wrinkle in time and my sons loved it.  My son has read most of Roald Dahl books many times over.  I have to admit I don't plan out books.  When I read one I just go pick another.  We are currently working on heidi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)