Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Any writing program available?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

How can i improve my daughter writing skills? Is there any program available?

We are doing 2nd grade level. Planning to buy All about spelling this year. For writing - do we need one? Will it be too much for her.

All these days i ask her to write journal. She will write one or two lines. Then done.

She just turned 6 year old.

by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I'd say getting her to write that much in her journal everyday is fantastic at 6 y/o!! Great job! I never used a specific writing program. I always figured they practiced writing enough through other things (like writing sentences for spelling words). If she ever gets writers block for her journal you could do writing prompts, there are tons available online. When my kids got to about 2nd grade level I had them start writing cartoon story lines using apps. They also started, by 4th grade to like writing fan fiction.

julesjerry
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Thank you so much for motivational words.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Wow, I'd say getting her to write that much in her journal everyday is fantastic at 6 y/o!! Great job! I never used a specific writing program. I always figured they practiced writing enough through other things (like writing sentences for spelling words). If she ever gets writers block for her journal you could do writing prompts, there are tons available online. When my kids got to about 2nd grade level I had them start writing cartoon story lines using apps. They also started, by 4th grade to like writing fan fiction.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:24 PM

That's funny. My dd loves to write fan fiction and my ds is really into comic book writing.

Quoting KickButtMama:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

celtic77dragon
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I think Shannon is right about your daughter doing pretty good for being only 6yrs old. = )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN