Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kumon Math or english

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

Does any one used Kumon math or english. All my friends circle send their kids to kumon math and english.

Any insight about it.

by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:08 PM
No, but you can buy Kumon workbooks. I bought a first grade grammar book.
Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:18 PM

my neices did it for math years ago (they're in college now) and they turned out to be math wizzes.

I tried it with my kids about 3 years ago and I thought the math was probably worth it, but the english not so much. When we started, an older guy ran the location near me who was great. He was so encouraging and kind and great with kids!  But then he retired and a young woman took over and she was a bear! So we started to hate it and we quit. And she tried to insult us and call us lazy for quitting!

It is not cheap. At least around here it's like $75 a month per kid - and that was just for math. You could do it free if you jsut make your child drill on math facts daily. But their progression is nice and I haven't seen it laid out so systematically anywhere else in workbooks for sale for home use. The Kumon workbooks they sell at bookstores and thru amazon are different than what they give out when kids go weekly to a tutoring center.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I've never used them but here's a bump!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:59 AM
No. No experience here. Sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)