Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

what is minicraft games?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

Curious what is minicraft.

I googled - still i didnt get it. It looks like other online games.

by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raczac
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:37 PM
My boys play on Xbox we dont let them go online to play. They build different things and mine for gold and other stuff. I asked my eight year old he said its kinda like building with legos.
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:38 PM

My daughter plays it.  She says its explore, build like legos, and fight or void monsters.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:49 PM
My kids explain it is like Legos, only you can "mine" for things to get more of what you need. They tell me it is critical thinking, planning, survival skills, and team work (they try to convince me it counts as school). My kids also do not play online, only with each other on the Xbox and they also have it on their iPods and can play together using wifi.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:50 PM

It's basically like a world the kids build for themselves. Like a digital Legos world with graphics like those from our childhood. It also teaches about programming a little as when editing their worlds the kids edit the code. I don't like the kids playing it on our main computers, as it has always downloaded virus', so my kids play it on the pocket app edition on the iPad and kindle.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Pretty much this.

Quoting raczac: My boys play on Xbox we dont let them go online to play. They build different things and mine for gold and other stuff. I asked my eight year old he said its kinda like building with legos.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

maggiemom2000
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:35 PM

My 12 & 13 yr olds play it online (I've never had any virus problems). They get together online with friends and cousins who do not live close by. They really communicate and problem solve together. Conflicts also arise and they work them out.

They have also enjoyed doing some minecraft homeschool. They have learned about the ancient Mayans, and medieval Europe among other things. They really need to learn the history to be able to accurately re-build the world in minecraft.

http://minecrafthomeschool.com/

celtic77dragon
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Do you mean minEcraft? That is different from minicraft.

julesjerry
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I dodnt know dear. I know people are talking about Mindcraft / minicraft.

RADmomma
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:15 AM
My 6 year old dd loves minecraft. She builds multiple worlds.
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Yeah - do you mean MINEcraft? I have no idea what minicraft is, but minecraft is HUGE!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)