Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How has your week gone?
As expected or not at all?

undefined

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:38 PM
lol ...
Sorry, but that comment "regularly scheduled" busy week cracked me up.

Quoting coala:

The last 2 days have been a struggle.  I think my children's ears are broken.  LOL

Otherwise it has been our regularly scheduled busy week. 

How was yours?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Well then, today was just what the doctor ordered. I'm so glad you both had fun. :)
What was his favorite part of the day?

Quoting kmath:

Yeah, it was really cool.  We got to meet some firefighters and look at two different firetrucks and an ambulance and climb the training tower.  It was fun and informative.  We BOTH really needed the break.

Quoting kirbymom: Hey that's wonderful! What a great way to end the week.

Quoting kmath: Home school wise it has gone really well. D has accomplished more this week than he has in a long while. Plus we went on a field trip which was really fun.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:46 PM

The play area at BK, LOL j/k.  His favorite part was climbing the training tower.  It was about 50 ft up.

Quoting kirbymom: Well then, today was just what the doctor ordered. I'm so glad you both had fun. :)

Quoting kmath:

Yeah, it was really cool.  We got to meet some firefighters and look at two different firetrucks and an ambulance and climb the training tower.  It was fun and informative.  We BOTH really needed the break.

Quoting kmath: Home school wise it has gone really well. D has accomplished more this week than he has in a long while. Plus we went on a field trip which was really fun.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:48 PM
OMG! 50 ft. up? And he wasn't afraid?

wow!

Quoting kmath:

The play area at BK, LOL j/k.  His favorite part was climbing the training tower.  It was about 50 ft up.

Quoting kirbymom: Well then, today was just what the doctor ordered. I'm so glad you both had fun. :)

Quoting kmath:

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, he even wanted to get close to the edge to look over.  He was a little scared on the way down because the steps were such that you could see the ground and he had to look down when going down.  Other than that he loved it.

Quoting kirbymom: OMG! 50 ft. up? And he wasn't afraid?

wow!

Quoting kmath:

Quoting kmath:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
That's good that he isn't too afraid of heights then. I wasn't either at his age.

Quoting kmath:

Nope, he even wanted to get close to the edge to look over.  He was a little scared on the way down because the steps were such that you could see the ground and he had to look down when going down.  Other than that he loved it.

wow!

Quoting kmath:

Quoting kmath:

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

He is a little bit, but not enough to stop him.  :)

Quoting kirbymom: That's good that he isn't too afraid of heights then. I wasn't either at his age.

Quoting kmath:

wow!

Quoting kmath:

Quoting kmath:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

drinkingCheers!

Quoting kirbymom: I'll drink to that!
A nice bug cup of hot chocolate with some mini marshmellows. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

This week has gone poorly.  I'm hoping to get back on track next week...New month, new beginning.  LOL

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:13 AM

With the amount of speed skating practices that our coach is trying to get in to make up 5 missed practices. My youngest going to skating lessons and her coach was sick, so he is making up lessons.  Can these be on the same day...NO.  They want to inconvience parents I swear.  LOL  We also have a play group that we attend at an indoor trampoline park.  I feel like I'm going crazy!!!  Maybe I am and that is what is intended for all of us HSing moms.  Who knows anymore!  LOL

Quoting kirbymom: lol ...
Sorry, but that comment "regularly scheduled" busy week cracked me up.

Quoting coala:

The last 2 days have been a struggle.  I think my children's ears are broken.  LOL

Otherwise it has been our regularly scheduled busy week. 

How was yours?

talktojonell
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure, but starting around 1pm he started keeping his sips of 7up down, eventually soup and hasn't thrown up since yesterday late morning.

I'm happy to report we shared a sick morning and then a do nothing day. He was well enough to go Klondiking with his Cub Scout Pack den or whatever. The little ones are just watching.

Thanks for asking.

Quoting kirbymom: Aww ... I hope he feels better soon!

Do you know what he's got that's making him sick?

Quoting talktojonell: We're ahead on math and science units this week because my son likes those. We have a literature unit we should be done with but aren't lol. There are the daily ditties of course. So today will or would be pulling together the Literature unit, social studies and the dailies. I'm not sure if we'll get there though because he's already on his second nap this morning and he's thrown up four times since five am. No fever so at least that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)