Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How has your week gone?
As expected or not at all?

undefined

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Replies (41-50):
talktojonell
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Klondiking is this morning.
hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

We really had just a relaxing day of fun learning.  My 4th is very arts/crafts/creativity driven, so he decided to teach everyone how to make Chinese lanterns, so those are hanging all over the house.  My 3rd is POd about being a dog and wants to be a dragon.  Have you ever seen a ridiculous temper tantrum and had no idea how to make it go away?  UGH!  All in all, though, it was a good day.  The snow affected us, but not like it would have if we had been trying to get a lot of book work done, ya know?

Quoting kirbymom: I hope you guys had your fun day today!
How'd the concentration thing go today?

Quoting hwblyf:

We're doing well so far.  Today's Chinese New Year, so it will be a fun day.  That and we got a bunch of snow last night, which means our concentration is elsewhere.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
This week was pretty good. We did 3 literature sessions, 5 math, watched 4 science documentaries, did four social studies lessons. As well as the numerous extra classes (choir, art, drama, bible quiz) plus did a couple sessions of asl and bible & missions. They just got their plays a week ago and memorized most of their lines.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM
However, working with my kindy suffered. She listened in a few times, did time4learning and starfall, and worked on her lines and her bible quiz stuff....but that was it. We didn't do her calendar board or anything else all week.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:55 PM
That is great! So glad that he is keeping his food down. :)

Your welcome :)

Quoting talktojonell: I'm not sure, but starting around 1pm he started keeping his sips of 7up down, eventually soup and hasn't thrown up since yesterday late morning.

I'm happy to report we shared a sick morning and then a do nothing day. He was well enough to go Klondiking with his Cub Scout Pack den or whatever. The little ones are just watching.

Thanks for asking.

Quoting kirbymom: Aww ... I hope he feels better soon!
Do you know what he's got that's making him sick?

Quoting talktojonell: We're ahead on math and science units this week because my son likes those. We have a literature unit we should be done with but aren't lol. There are the daily ditties of course. So today will or would be pulling together the Literature unit, social studies and the dailies. I'm not sure if we'll get there though because he's already on his second nap this morning and he's thrown up four times since five am. No fever so at least that.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Sounds like a good week.

Quoting KrissyKC: This week was pretty good. We did 3 literature sessions, 5 math, watched 4 science documentaries, did four social studies lessons. As well as the numerous extra classes (choir, art, drama, bible quiz) plus did a couple sessions of asl and bible & missions. They just got their plays a week ago and memorized most of their lines.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
We are prepping to move so this week sucked. But we got some things done.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Oh wow. Getting ready to move can be a big project. Hopefully it won't be too big a project.

Quoting debramommyof4: We are prepping to move so this week sucked. But we got some things done.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
We are waiting to hear if we got a 7 bedroom that we are going to share with a single mom and her 4 kids that is our friend. We have 8 kids, 3 adult's 2 dogs, 2 cats, a lizard and 4 frogs to move. The fish are finding a new home.

I think it is going to be a mess but it will be good for us

Quoting kirbymom: Oh wow. Getting ready to move can be a big project. Hopefully it won't be too big a project.

Quoting debramommyof4: We are prepping to move so this week sucked. But we got some things done.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

We ended up not taking the day off, but my headache went away slightly, enough to be able to function at 4H. That went surprisingly well. Lots of cookies frosted, and 2 dozen valentines made. Half the kids dropped off cookies at the mission by us, and the other half dropped off cookies and the valentines at the local women/children shelter. ALl day yesterday was devoted to ridding my headache complete (and it worked!) and then brainstorming with my neighbor who also homeschools with history and science. I don't think much progress was made...we caught up instead lol O well.

Quoting kirbymom: Aww ... I'm sorry that you had a headache again. I hope it doesn't last to long.
How did your day go? Did you take the day off?

Quoting No_Difference:

This week has gone fairly well. We're still "on schedule" for skipping two days. The kids finished some of their curriculum for the year this week, science and handwriting, so now I'm going to have to figure out whdo for the rest of the year... We've got 4H today. Jamie will be starting her project books today for that, and they're making sugar cookies and valentines to take to their two charities. I'm almostdebating skipping school today so I can nap before 4H. I have a horrible migraine today that carried over from yesterday. Then we can make today up tomorrow... Wait never mind. The kids are already up my butt. School it is since relaxing won't work...on to school now!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)