Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

taking the week off I guess

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have been sick since monday. This hit me hard. I was going to try and do school today, but my oldesr would not have it....so I gave up. I was.going to give him some space and try again, but nope, that didnt happen. These past days we have survived through tv and games and now I am paying for it :( i just want to cry or scream.
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Monday is a brand new month.  New month, brand new start!  Hugs!

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I love do-overs!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Monday is a brand new month.  New month, brand new start!  Hugs!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:07 PM

*hugs* Take the weekend to get everything back in order. 8)

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Take the time to rest....if you have anything like what hit our house it takes a month to start to feel human again.  Take it easy and start back when your ready

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:17 PM
It feel like it may take longer lol.

Quoting mem82:

*hugs* Take the weekend to get everything back in order. 8)

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:18 PM
We have been sick on and off sincr Christmas :(

Quoting coala:

Take the time to rest....if you have anything like what hit our house it takes a month to start to feel human again.  Take it easy and start back when your ready

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Get better & then work on getting back on track!

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I hope you guys start to feel better soon!!

I can tell you that I was feeling great until 2 days ago....it's a bummer when you are sick for 4 weeks get a 5 day reprieve and then back at it again.  I can't wait for this weather to heat up.  I really think the constant changes in our forcast is causing it.  BTW if you were in Florida this week you had nearly 4 days of rain....2 1/2-3 days from a cold front and 1 1/2 from a warm front that hit as the cold front was fizzling out.  Seriously!  I know people up north are dealing with inches of snow, but a cold front and a warm front back to back is a heck of a mess to handle.

Quoting Precious333: We have been sick on and off sincr Christmas :(

Quoting coala:

Precious333
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:05 AM
I totally get that! We live in S. California!

Quoting coala:

I hope you guys start to feel better soon!!

I can tell you that I was feeling great until 2 days ago....it's a bummer when you are sick for 4 weeks get a 5 day reprieve and then back at it again.  I can't wait for this weather to heat up.  I really think the constant changes in our forcast is causing it.  BTW if you were in Florida this week you had nearly 4 days of rain....2 1/2-3 days from a cold front and 1 1/2 from a warm front that hit as the cold front was fizzling out.  Seriously!  I know people up north are dealing with inches of snow, but a cold front and a warm front back to back is a heck of a mess to handle.

Quoting Precious333: We have been sick on and off sincr Christmas :(

Quoting coala:

Beniegenie
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:57 PM
It's the beauty of homeschool. You can adjust school days to fit your needs, planned or unplanned. We started our school year Sept 1st planning to be done before June. 2 weeks after school started I found out I needed major surgery. I was down from Thanksgiving to Christmas. There was no way I could have actually gotten my PreK and 1st grader to focus on school when one I wasn't able to move a lot and 2 we were staying at a community house next to the hospital for 4 weeks. I just decided that I would extend the school year and not stress over it. It is what it is. At least you're not stressing over getting your kids up early every morning to have them get ready for school and then dealing with homework wars every afternoon when you feel like crap :) homeschool is awesome! Our guilt is something we have to overcome. Feel better soon :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)