Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

so... I guess we r doing ok...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM
  • 4 Replies
We r only on chapter 3 in social studies, stopped english entirely in exchange for a literature unit, science we have only completed two sections...haven't done calendar board or much of anything with my kindy since mid december....spelling is only 8 lessons in.

I'm feeling sooooo behind. However, at a couple hs events, I've talked to other moms and finding out many of them are doing worse than we are....much worse.

One mom admitted that they aren't doing anything on their own right now. They take limited co-op classes and that is it.
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Yeah, we don't do much of anything for another week or so when we start back to co-op. It all works out in the end. 

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I feel really behind in some things and way ahead in others.  We haven't done Science or History since we got back from Christmas break.  Math has been hit or miss for the past couple of weeks as well, but there I at least have the excuse that I am trying to figure out what he still needs to learn and what to use for the rest of the year.  LA we are way ahead.  He will be starting his 3rd grade work in a couple of weeks!

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:33 PM
We are still on week one on our map work. It is no biggie though. It all works out. Remember education is a journey. Some days you will be running others will be more of a stroll. set realistic but flexible goals. I am sure you are doing great. As long as kids are being stimulated they are learning.
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM
I'm not feeling so bad now. As long as everyone else isn't perfect, lol. DS is good with spelling bc he does it on his own, DD does it like 2-3x a week even though I want 5, but she needs me every lesson. We manage to do history almost every day and science too (but they just finished their science, so I need to figure out what's next). Math is hit or miss. LA...eh...they read for fun, read for history, and they wrote adventure stories over the past to weeks, they just need to type them now.

Yesterday we went shopping for stuff to smash to make mosaics, lit snow on fire, and inhaled helium. It was a very interesting day, but not super academically educational lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN