Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

CPS called me!

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:49 AM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
Yes. That is right. My husband died on Jan. 19 of leukemia.. I guess some "good samaritan" decided how could I possibly be teaching these children? So whoever was called CPs saying I do not homeschool them. I certainly do not need this now.. The cps worker came yesterday. I live in NY and must do paperwork. I had her call the school to verify that I do my paperwork and hand it in on time. She asked a bunch of nosy questions then asked to see the bedrooms. She told me I have one visit left. I guess the case stays open for 60 days. She seems to think I did nothing wrong. I am upset that someone would call cps on on me. That I am wondering who? Mtaybe someone
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.hartman12
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Bumoing for later I have a website for you. And that's awful!
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:58 AM
I would not let them in the house without a warrant. That is crazy. Were there any accusations of abuse or just homeschooling related?
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I am also so sorry for your loss!
romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so upset that you are going through so much right now. 

group hug

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
That's terrible. I'm so sorry you are going through this. It doesn't even make sense. If your children were in public school they would have been absent for awhile after his passing. No one would have sent cps out to investigate.
mrs.hartman12
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:12 AM
3 moms liked this

http://fightcps.com/2010/04/09/what-to-do-if-child-protective-services-social-workers-are-investigating-you/

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for your loss. That is really messed up that someone would do that. I am praying for your family.
Codysmom2106
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't believe someone would do that to you and your family. You've been through enough already.
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I'm so sorry!
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss!  And I am so sorry you are being put through this right now.  Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)