Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hi everyone, I am new to the group *waves* Anyway, I have a question or two if you wouldn't mind answering :)

My son is 3, and I am wanting to homeschool. I don't like the public school system and the private school here is not the best either. So anyways, I have NO IDEA where to start! I know it is still early, but was wondering, what kinda of cirruclum do you use? I am actually looking for the best cheapest one. I have looked at several and they are all pretty darn high (I know I am not going to find it very cheap). I think that is all for now. TIA for answering! :)

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Replies (11-12):
sissy502
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Years ago when I home-schooled I used A.C.E. It was the most affordable of the christian based curriculum's. 

It only cost me something like 200.00 a year. I really liked it. It was easy to use & interesting. (but that was a lot of years ago & my memory isn't what it used to be) lol 

oahoah
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

It's easy when you are starting out to get bogged down by all that you can buy and to think a boxed curriculum is the easiest way to do things but a lot of times it is just not going to be easy!  I would recommend checking out homeschool books from the library. One that has ideas you can start implementing with your 3 y/o is The 3 R's by Ruth Beechick.  It talks about how we think if a chid can recite the alphabet he is doing great but the trick is to get him to recognize the letters.  Anywya I loved the book and bought it and it came with a poster and there are games and fun stuff that I have implemented with my youngest (4), my only non-reader and a lot of it has helped him with sounding out early reader words. And it's been fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN