Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's a new week! What is going on?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:12 AM
  • 34 Replies
??
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Today begins something new for us.  We have decided to try block scheduling for my high schoolers.  They told me that they had rather focus on 1 or 2 subjects at a time rather than 6 or 7.  So, they are going to finish their Grammar and Consumer Math by the end of the month.  We will do 2 subjects at a time for the rest of this year to see how it goes.  We are really looking forward to giving it a try.  It will also make it easier on me now that I am working part time. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Quoting starbeck96:

Today begins something new for us.  We have decided to try block scheduling for my high schoolers.  They told me that they had rather focus on 1 or 2 subjects at a time rather than 6 or 7.  So, they are going to finish their Grammar and Consumer Math by the end of the month.  We will do 2 subjects at a time for the rest of this year to see how it goes.  We are really looking forward to giving it a try.  It will also make it easier on me now that I am working part time. 

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Pretty much the same old same.  We are going to take a day and make Harry Potter Wands, other than that nothing exciting.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM
That sounds fun.what are you using for your core?

Quoting kmath:

Pretty much the same old same.  We are going to take a day and make Harry Potter Wands, other than that nothing exciting.

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM

We bought some dowels the other day and then someone posted how to make wands the next day.  D says his core has a phoenix feather in it.  :)

Quoting mem82: That sounds fun.what are you using for your core?

Quoting kmath:

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Trying to get into a routine this week of getting up earlier so I can focus on a few things before the kids get up. Hopefully I won't feel so rushed every morning. Other than that we are just waiting on daddy to come home for his two weeks.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:11 AM
730 is usually my sweet spot for getting up and getting stuff done. What time is your's?

Quoting Dawn07: Trying to get into a routine this week of getting up earlier so I can focus on a few things before the kids get up. Hopefully I won't feel so rushed every morning. Other than that we are just waiting on daddy to come home for his two weeks.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

I'm prepping to start my Highschool co-op classes this Wednesday - where I'm teaching Us History and Camp Halfblood....but it seems to be cursed. These classes are booked solid (with 24 students in my history class and 12 in my camp half blood class) and materials should cost a fortune, but I just got an email from the directors that they don't plan on giving me the money I charged for the classes until the 3 rd CLASS, which means I can't really purchase supplies till the 4th class and there are only 12 classes in the semester...how does that make sense to anyone??? But it looks like we might be snowed out on the first day anyway. 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I usually drag my carcass out of bed at 7:30 but not a single thing gets done for at least an hour...except for me pounding the coffee. Lol

Quoting mem82: 730 is usually my sweet spot for getting up and getting stuff done. What time is your's?

Quoting Dawn07: Trying to get into a routine this week of getting up earlier so I can focus on a few things before the kids get up. Hopefully I won't feel so rushed every morning. Other than that we are just waiting on daddy to come home for his two weeks.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I started out this year getting up between 7- 7:30 but wasnt getting much done before school. This was when I woke the kids up too. So I was going to start getting up at 6:30. It would give me some quiet time before waking them up, but before I could even start that we were really thrown off schedule and weren't getting up till 8-8:30. I started today so we shall see how it all goes.

Quoting mem82: 730 is usually my sweet spot for getting up and getting stuff done. What time is your's?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)