Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

CLE?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:36 AM
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone used Christian Light Education for upper grades? I've used it with elementary but I need to look into middle school/high school curriculum. 

by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I've used their upper math and looked through their upper language arts.

I wouldn't use their math above grade 7. After that, it starts going consumer math and that can throw off test scores if you're in a testing state. Also, they only have algebra 1 of the series completed (and I haven't heard that they plan to go beyond that); I'm not a fan of switching curriculum mid-stream in high school.

Their math is great. Very solid, rigorous, and known for being advanced (have your child take the placement test coming from another program; I think Horizons would be comparable, but Teaching Textbooks and LOF would be pretty behind CLE).

Their LA is very solid as well... and, again, pretty advanced. I do think the writing is lacking and spelling as well (unless your child is a natural speller). It's great for grammar, though. Because it isn't as comprehensive as it touts, I would probably preference Hake for grammar (it has a similar spiral approach).

I haven't heard anything good about their social studies and science, frankly.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN