Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's the last thing you overheard your kids saying?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 3:41 PM

That is amazing!!  That show grosses me out too.

Quoting KickButtMama:

My eldest was watching Untold Stories of the ER, which grosses out my youngest. While the youngest screamed in horror my eldest said, " I'm sorry but I need to know this stuff so I can become a great doctor" lol

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Quoting coala:

They were arguing about pulling weeds.  I don't give an allowance and  my children wanted items from the craft store...to replenish stuff they got for Christmas and have already used up.  The deal was I would purchase the items, but they had to pull weeds in both gardens in the front yard....and get it done before they would receive their items.

The argument was around who has pulled more than the other....that part isn't important to me, but their teamwork is.

BTW they should be able to have their items in the next day or so.  They are doing a great job at getting those overgrown weeds out of the gardens.

Oh I like that discussion!  My kids earn time for electric devices which they save up all summer and fall long so they play a LOT of video games and movies in the winter.  They often argue about whose time should get charged for playing certain games.  Should Levi pay for a game on his account when Zave is playing it?  Even if it's because Levi can't beat that level?  What about when both of them are playing a 2 player game?  It's really fun to listen to their discussions!

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM

It really is interesting to listen to them try to reason this all out.  My girls only spent about 30 min outside today.  Apparently it is almost as hot today as it is heading into summer.  They are dirty and icky...but it washes off.  LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting coala:

They were arguing about pulling weeds.  I don't give an allowance and  my children wanted items from the craft store...to replenish stuff they got for Christmas and have already used up.  The deal was I would purchase the items, but they had to pull weeds in both gardens in the front yard....and get it done before they would receive their items.

The argument was around who has pulled more than the other....that part isn't important to me, but their teamwork is.

BTW they should be able to have their items in the next day or so.  They are doing a great job at getting those overgrown weeds out of the gardens.

Oh I like that discussion!  My kids earn time for electric devices which they save up all summer and fall long so they play a LOT of video games and movies in the winter.  They often argue about whose time should get charged for playing certain games.  Should Levi pay for a game on his account when Zave is playing it?  Even if it's because Levi can't beat that level?  What about when both of them are playing a 2 player game?  It's really fun to listen to their discussions!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Awe man, I am very jealous right now.  It's 27' and we are prepping for ice and snow tonight!  I wish the kids could go outside!

Quoting coala:

It really is interesting to listen to them try to reason this all out.  My girls only spent about 30 min outside today.  Apparently it is almost as hot today as it is heading into summer.  They are dirty and icky...but it washes off.  LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting coala:

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Current temp is 84...I think that is ridiculous for the begininng of February!!  I would give anything for something in the upper 50's or low 60's.  LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Awe man, I am very jealous right now.  It's 27' and we are prepping for ice and snow tonight!  I wish the kids could go outside!

Quoting coala:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting coala:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Yep, I'm jealous!  Love me some 80' weather!

Quoting coala:

Current temp is 84...I think that is ridiculous for the begininng of February!!  I would give anything for something in the upper 50's or low 60's.  LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting coala:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting coala:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I just put some lotion on!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting paganbaby:

I just put some lotion on!

LOL!  

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Not fair! I want 'summer like' weather! Our first day of co-op is cancelled for tomorrow as we are supposed to get a foot of snow then ice on top. That is on top of the 4 inches we got yesterday. Ugh. I hate winter....I can't wait to be one of those old ladies who goes south to Florida every winter to hide from the cold!

Quoting coala:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting coala:

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Shoot, jealous? I just got tear-y eyed at the thought of all that lovely warm weather....waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Yep, I'm jealous!  Love me some 80' weather!

Quoting coala:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting coala:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting coala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN