Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's the last thing you overheard your kids saying?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Replies (51-53):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Ours is oposite.  We are supposed to get a half inch of ice over night with up to 6 inches of snow tomorrow.  Having the ice under the snow always worries me!

Quoting KickButtMama:

Not fair! I want 'summer like' weather! Our first day of co-op is cancelled for tomorrow as we are supposed to get a foot of snow then ice on top. That is on top of the 4 inches we got yesterday. Ugh. I hate winter....I can't wait to be one of those old ladies who goes south to Florida every winter to hide from the cold!

Quoting coala:

It really is interesting to listen to them try to reason this all out.  My girls only spent about 30 min outside today.  Apparently it is almost as hot today as it is heading into summer.  They are dirty and icky...but it washes off.  LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting coala:

They were arguing about pulling weeds.  I don't give an allowance and  my children wanted items from the craft store...to replenish stuff they got for Christmas and have already used up.  The deal was I would purchase the items, but they had to pull weeds in both gardens in the front yard....and get it done before they would receive their items.

The argument was around who has pulled more than the other....that part isn't important to me, but their teamwork is.

BTW they should be able to have their items in the next day or so.  They are doing a great job at getting those overgrown weeds out of the gardens.

Oh I like that discussion!  My kids earn time for electric devices which they save up all summer and fall long so they play a LOT of video games and movies in the winter.  They often argue about whose time should get charged for playing certain games.  Should Levi pay for a game on his account when Zave is playing it?  Even if it's because Levi can't beat that level?  What about when both of them are playing a 2 player game?  It's really fun to listen to their discussions!

chlippr77
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

"Puff the magic dragon, lives by the see, and frolics in the over there, and over there, and right HEEERRREEE."

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Quoting chlippr77:

"Puff the magic dragon, lives by the see, and frolics in the over there, and over there, and right HEEERRREEE."

Now I'm going to have it stuck in my head all day!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)