Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Our first unit study

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
3 years of homeschooling and we are going to try our first ever unit study. I stumbled on it by accident when looking for activities to go along with my sons new book, and it looks like fun. Does anyone else do unit studies? If so, what's been your childs favorite so far?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:36 PM

You can DO IT!

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:48 PM

We have not but they always look interesting!

katyq
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:52 PM

My son is  not quite 4 but we do preschool at home and I have his curriculum pretty well planned through the first grade and unit studies are a big part of it. I don't know which I will use yet, I just got a ton from Teacher Created Resources :) I think they are awesome because they provide enrichment in almost all areas of learning. I also want art and art appreciation and crafts to be a part of his daily curriculum and I can incorporate a whole lot of that into unit studies :)

SarahNElijah
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:52 PM
We did unit studies most of last year (1st grade) and the first half of this year. :-) Right now, we are doing subjects separated for the first time.

We really enjoyed the unit studies, and I think we will use them still occasionally to mix things up, but we also have been enjoying the separate subjects, as it provides variety during the week. :)

We have studied the continents, the rainforest, arctic, Native Americans & early America, spring (plants, bugs, animals), volcanos & the earth, space and flight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Yes, we did one on flight. It was awesome. We studied the history and physics of flight. Are you planning any lapbooks?
lovelylady83
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:21 AM

we have done a charolette's web unit study that went with the water cycle we used curriculum from moving beyond the page for it.  That was the only time we did a full on unit study... My baby will do many as I am becoming more confident as time goes by _)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN