Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I feel like I made a deal with the devil...lol.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

My dd has been making noises about wanting to go to high school next year.

She wants the high school experience, complete with prom and gossiping in the halls. I want her to have a quality, tailor made education. So we came to a compromise.

She can go to prom with her friends (all of her friends are in public school) and sigh...she can go this church that I banned her from last year*. I didn't like it because the kids there are disrespectful and the adults don't supervise as much as they should. Basically it's like public school with religion,lol. But many of her friends attend and they do have a lot of fun trips planned throughout the year.

She was ecstatic and promised she wouldn't bother about going to high school anymore.

*The church isn't my first choice but we don't have a lot of options. I have no car and there are no HS groups near by.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter and son go to a church because we don't have a HS group near by and I don't drive.  It's been a good experience for her over all.  Once she is out of the youth group age, she most likely wont be attending.  My son enjoys everything and the littles classes are more play than anything.

TidewaterClan
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a good bargain!  I'm sure she'll get her gossip at the church, and prom should be a lot of fun for her too.  

Precious333
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Sigh. I had the opposite problem. I didnt want to go to phs or church because of the gossip and clicks Not that I was anti-social, I. Just hated drama and people being exclusive.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Same with my dd too.

Quoting Silverkitty:

My daughter and son go to a church because we don't have a HS group near by and I don't drive.  It's been a good experience for her over all.  Once she is out of the youth group age, she most likely wont be attending.  My son enjoys everything and the littles classes are more play than anything.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

That sounds like a good bargain!  I'm sure she'll get her gossip at the church, and prom should be a lot of fun for her too.  

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Oh me too. That was the worst part of school/church. That and the fact that I always found myself on the outside of said cliques.

Quoting Precious333: Sigh. I had the opposite problem. I didnt want to go to phs or church because of the gossip and clicks Not that I was anti-social, I. Just hated drama and people being exclusive.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)