Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you read everything your kids read?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 23 Replies

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I don't read everything.  I try to read their main history and skim the supplements.  I don't read their science but I think I should start.  I don't read their free choice reading, but I am going to start using that as literature study with my oldest so I think I need to (or can I just get the cliff's notes?)  I work, so I don't have a lot of free time, most of it is spent lesson planning!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes but then again my kids mostly read things I read as a kid.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes.  Thank goodness I read fast!  LOL

julesjerry
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I read most.

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

No.  I would bore myself to tears if I did that.  If it is something that I am working with them on for comprehension sake then I do read it.

TidewaterClan
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I read the science, history, social studies, etc.  I read a good portion of their free reading material, but I ain't going to Wimpy Kid it!

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Only if I thought it had questionable content.

I had no desire, for example, to read Percy Jackson, lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Right now yes
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
No, unless it is something I am reading together. I could never keep up with my oldest. He is a reader. If he finds something questionable he will tell me so I am good with that. He will be 12 this summer so he has a pretty good idea what is ok and what is not. I don't think reading everything they are reading is realistic as they get older.
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Well If I don't read it then they read it out loud to me. Mine are close to 8, close to 6 and 3.5. So at this age, yes. When they are older I'll probably read the stuff as well to make sure that I feel the content is appropriate for my kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN