Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you read everything your kids read?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Replies (21-23):
dougiesmom
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Free reading, if I haven't already read it, or have no desire/time to read it, I'll look it up online to make sure there's not questionable content. School work, I don't, but the oldest is only grade 4, so I can usually answer any questions they have without having pre-read the material. As they get older, I'm sure that will change. :)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting kirbymom: Yes. Well almost. I have a son who is working on capacitors and diodes and l.e.d.'s and such. Kind of just skim through what he reads otherwise it would take me longer than I have time for.

Oops!  I answered yes, but DH covered their January science (electricity) and I did NOT read the stuff about all those resistors, capacitors, LEDs etc.  But DH did, so I feel "covered."  I read that stuff for college and hope to never ever ever ever ever ever have to read about it again!  :-p

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom: Yes. Well almost. I have a son who is working on capacitors and diodes and l.e.d.'s and such. Kind of just skim through what he reads otherwise it would take me longer than I have time for.

Oops!  I answered yes, but DH covered their January science (electricity) and I did NOT read the stuff about all those resistors, capacitors, LEDs etc.  But DH did, so I feel "covered."  I read that stuff for college and hope to never ever ever ever ever ever have to read about it again!  :-p

lol
That is funny.
My son even video tapes it for me to see ALL of what he does! And then narrates too. Ah well. As long as he is learning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)