Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT- morning sickness

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:42 AM
  • 11 Replies
It's terrible!!! After days on days on days, it really takes a toll. Did anyone have success to eliviate it? Please share.
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Sucking on sour candies used to help me. That and crackers first thing in the morning.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Flat soda and saltines first thing.

No coffee in the house. I made my husband put the coffee maker on the back porch. No strong smells like popcorn either.

Nibble inoffensive things during the day, all through the day like saltines or whatever you can stand.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Zofran. It's a prescription originally intended for chemo patients, but it took away 99% of my morning sickness too! I had hyperemisis and lost about 20 lbs in about 4 weeks, ended up giving birth 5 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. 

Also drinking decaf tea helped. 

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 7, 2014 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Saltine crackers, ginger tea, ginger ale. The Motherhood store sells some lolly pops that are supposed to help with it!

schoolmarm1
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Smells just automatically make me gag and dry heave! I used to love coffee too and can't stand the thought of it now lol.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Flat soda and saltines first thing.

No coffee in the house. I made my husband put the coffee maker on the back porch. No strong smells like popcorn either.

Nibble inoffensive things during the day, all through the day like saltines or whatever you can stand.

schoolmarm1
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:35 PM
I've heard of zofran. I may call in to the dr if I can't make it til my appt towards the end of this month. Sounds like you had no baby weight to lose after the pregnancy! Were you nauseated all 9 months?

Quoting KickButtMama:

Zofran. It's a prescription originally intended for chemo patients, but it took away 99% of my morning sickness too! I had hyperemisis and lost about 20 lbs in about 4 weeks, ended up giving birth 5 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I thought I was going to get by without any sickness when I made it nearly out of he he first trimester without any, so it didn't start till around week 11 or 12, then lasted, 24-hours a day, till I gave birth, except when I took the Zofran. I looked creepy I was so skinny in my face and legs, but with this gigantic stomach! My eldest was 9 pounds and 21 inches so my being I'll had zero effect on him! Lol

Quoting schoolmarm1: I've heard of zofran. I may call in to the dr if I can't make it til my appt towards the end of this month. Sounds like you had no baby weight to lose after the pregnancy! Were you nauseated all 9 months?

Quoting KickButtMama:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Quoting usmom3:

Saltine crackers, ginger tea, ginger ale. The Motherhood store sells some lolly pops that are supposed to help with it!

The lollipops!!  They were called Preggypops.  They were seriously a God-send!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:42 PM

I never did. Sorry. 8(

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Sea bands for sea sickness can help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)