Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is homeschooling easier or harder than you thought it was going to be?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you could go back and tell yourself to 'DO IT' or "DONT DO IT" which would it be?

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:01 PM
3 moms liked this

I would tell myself to do it from the beginning & never send my oldest to the PS!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes, I think I need that little push of actually having sent my oldest for 2 years to stay commited to not doing it again. I'm not a PS basher. It just doesn't work for my family.

Quoting usmom3:

I would tell myself to do it from the beginning & never send my oldest to the PS!

mom2theA-team
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Do it. It's been much easier than I thought. It's actually strengthened our relationship. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:08 PM

That's great! That's how it should feel!

Quoting mom2theA-team:

Do it. It's been much easier than I thought. It's actually strengthened our relationship. 

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I never wanted to send him to PS, I only did it because he has Autism & I didn't think I was smart enough to help him learn!

Quoting mem82:

Sometimes, I think I need that little push of actually having sent my oldest for 2 years to stay commited to not doing it again. I'm not a PS basher. It just doesn't work for my family.

Quoting usmom3:

mom2theA-team
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Well, our daughter would have started K this year and she was on a 2nd/ 3rd grade level... The best our schools (top rated) could offer was, "We can send 1st and 2nd grade homework home."

It wasn't good enough for me.  

Quoting mem82:

That's great! That's how it should feel!

Quoting mom2theA-team:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Both!
Some aspects were easier than I thought and others were more difficult than I thought.
Codysmom2106
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:55 PM
This

Quoting usmom3:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Do it. Some days are easier than others but it is so worth it. I would never want to miss out on the experience.
redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:47 AM

There have been plenty moments when I ask myself what I was thinking, but it hasn't been that hard. It think because she has been homeschooled since day one, it might be a little easier for us at the moment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)