Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is homeschooling easier or harder than you thought it was going to be?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you could go back and tell yourself to 'DO IT' or "DONT DO IT" which would it be?

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Both. I would definately do it again. I love homeschooling and plan to continue after my children are finished. I run a local co-op and plan to contunue. When I started I mistakenly thought my kids could just use a computer program to learn all their subjects. I laugh at that notion now.
army_5_wife
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM

While it is harder than I thought it would be, I would most definitely tell myself to do it.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM
3 moms liked this

I never thought it would be easy :)

I would tell myself to do it again... but I'd also tell myself to keep better alcohol on hand and more brownie mix.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Its been both. I wish I would've had the courage to stick to my guns and had been adament about not letting my oldest go to the schools where we are now. That's what started a downhill slope that has been beyond difficult to climb back up. If we stayed where we were previously, I don't know if I would've ever homeschooled to be honest because the schools were great.

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM

LOL!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I never thought it would be easy :)

I would tell myself to do it again... but I'd also tell myself to keep better alcohol on hand and more brownie mix.

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Excellent question Mem!

Easier than I imagined it to be, but harder to balance two than I thought.  I wish I would have started sooner, but their ps experiences really do keep me going like you stated.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Definitelt do it, no matter how hard it can be at times.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:36 AM

It's sooo much easier than I thought it would be. If I could talk to past me, I'd tell her, trust yourself and trust him. You guys don't need anyone else to make this work.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Both!  It is much easier than i thought it would be to do the actual teaching and planning.  It is much harder than I thought it would be to shoulder the load.  It really weighs on me that I am responsible for all of their education and it weighs on me that I am not helping out much with the household finances (I am only limitedly helping with the business).

Ecoseem
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:10 PM

It's a lot less stressful that I thought it would be, but the scheduling around a school age kid at home is a lot more difficult that I had ever imagined. 

I don't think I would have changed anything on sending ds to a charter school, our experiences there helped us learn how to be now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)