Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is homeschooling easier or harder than you thought it was going to be?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you could go back and tell yourself to 'DO IT' or "DONT DO IT" which would it be?

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
ambcortez
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:39 PM

DH said PS would be better so DS could make friends and blah blah blah. DS got picked on all the time, was sick just about every weekend, etc. It was hard on him and he hated it. I should've started at the beginning as well.

Quoting usmom3:

I would tell myself to do it from the beginning & never send my oldest to the PS!

celtic77dragon
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Creating a mythology / geography curriculum was time consuming and harder than I thought. I am trying to do so much with math and english and that isnt always easy. Science was pretty straight forward this year. History has just been complex with all the parts to it. I am happy with it all though.  

Some days I think it would be easier to send them to public school. Id get more sleep, be able to get more done in my shop (I recently started a custom shop to build stuff), maybe take some classes at the college... But, I love the plans that we have for school. Everything seems to be working well and they appear to be retaining it. I love where I live but the school district here sucks hardcore, therefore I have no interest in sending my kids there. So I am happy to keep at this.

I have to sometimes remind myself when I see other homeschooling mommas that I cant be and do it all. Some of you find and come up with amazing stuff! But, I am doing the best as I can for a single ft working mom = )

lovepotato
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I think it's easier in same ways, harder than others. The scheduling is harder, but the actual learning is what I thought it would be. I would tell myself the same thing I tell myself every day: it's ok, they'll get it. Don't stress.
NoraDun
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I wouldn't say its harder but it is more stressful then I ever could of imagined. I have my children's future in my hands even more so then the average parent! That is extremely weighing!

letstalk747
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:42 PM

easy , do it

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:25 AM
This...I wish I had not given into the "peer pressure" and had homeschooled when we moved instead of sending them to the crap school here.

Quoting usmom3:

I would tell myself to do it from the beginning & never send my oldest to the PS!

mhaney03
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

It really depends on what kind of day my kids are having if it's harder or easier lol

julesjerry
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Harder

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 10, 2014 at 6:42 PM
I would say never put them in school to begin with. Save yourself and them the pain. I love it, and I hate saying it is easy, because then people think you just not be doing it right, but it really is so much easier than I thought. Now that I have thrown traditional schooling behind it is anyway. It feels good to finally have something that works for all of us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.hartman12
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Both. Just getting into the groove of things is rough. My daughter is a quick learner and tells me stuff I never even taught her. Once she can read and write she is going to be quite the free learner. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN