Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is homeschooling easier or harder than you thought it was going to be?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you could go back and tell yourself to 'DO IT' or "DONT DO IT" which would it be?

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Replies (41-45):
jojo1974
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM

It is much harder to get my children to do their work than I imagined.  At least it's taking longer for them to get with the program than I thought it would.  We've only been at it a month or so. 

I love having them home and seeing them able to play more, read more, and be less stressed.  I am actually less stressed because now there seems to be time to do all the things we need to do - and it doesn't all have to be done after school.

I 'm not sure where I am on has this been a good idea.  We pulled them from school because we had some major issues with their school.  But, we have already been accepted into a brand new project-based charter school for next year.  We will accept for now, and make our final decision later.  What I hope is that we are crusing right along by June and love our HS life so much we don't want to give it up.

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Much easier. I put off homeschooling for 2 years although DS was begging for us to get him out of public school. We couldn't afford private school and I really didn't want to homeschool him. Now 12 yrs later, I couldn't imagine not homeschooling. DD is 16 and has never attended public school.

chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Quoting usmom3:

I would tell myself to do it from the beginning & never send my oldest to the PS!

Ditto!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Do it! I love it, even the crazy parts

Mweddle
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I would DO IT EALIER!!!!!  Why did I wait so long?  I don't know why I left my daughter in the environment I did so long.   I should've started earlier.  I can't believe how much she is thriving.  She is happier.  We are closer.  It makes me really happy.  The hard parts for me is the extra business around the house.  I went from being able to do housework to barely having time to get it done now!  haha.  I hate that part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)