Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is homeschooling easier or harder than you thought it was going to be?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you could go back and tell yourself to 'DO IT' or "DONT DO IT" which would it be?

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Replies (41-45):
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM

It is much harder to get my children to do their work than I imagined.  At least it's taking longer for them to get with the program than I thought it would.  We've only been at it a month or so. 

I love having them home and seeing them able to play more, read more, and be less stressed.  I am actually less stressed because now there seems to be time to do all the things we need to do - and it doesn't all have to be done after school.

I 'm not sure where I am on has this been a good idea.  We pulled them from school because we had some major issues with their school.  But, we have already been accepted into a brand new project-based charter school for next year.  We will accept for now, and make our final decision later.  What I hope is that we are crusing right along by June and love our HS life so much we don't want to give it up.

by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Much easier. I put off homeschooling for 2 years although DS was begging for us to get him out of public school. We couldn't afford private school and I really didn't want to homeschool him. Now 12 yrs later, I couldn't imagine not homeschooling. DD is 16 and has never attended public school.

by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Quoting usmom3:

I would tell myself to do it from the beginning & never send my oldest to the PS!

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Do it! I love it, even the crazy parts

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I would DO IT EALIER!!!!!  Why did I wait so long?  I don't know why I left my daughter in the environment I did so long.   I should've started earlier.  I can't believe how much she is thriving.  She is happier.  We are closer.  It makes me really happy.  The hard parts for me is the extra business around the house.  I went from being able to do housework to barely having time to get it done now!  haha.  I hate that part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN