Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone struggle?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 5:04 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
With staying organized and not allowing other things to come before homeschooling?
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Oh yeah!

I admit there is s much I would rather be doing than book work! LOL
My oldest is a sophomore this year so he is.thinking.grades ajd.tramscripts and DS2 has a mild learning disability so he requires a lot of hands-on direction. DD.is just.plain lazy...uggg It isn't easy!

As much as I have been trying to avoid "school at.home", a schedule and assignment sheets are needed to keep everyone here on track.

We are.active in many things. All kids are in Scouts. We.took a step back from sports this year. They do church, Antlers, Teen court, etc.
elizabooks
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM

God yes. We have activites and outside classes. It makes it much harder to sit and do school work.

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Yep, though school doesn't always come first with us.  Other things are just as important and he can learn from those things as well.  Staying organized, yeah I kinda suck at that.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

No, about letting things come before homeschooling.  My messy house that we are working on today can attest to that.  Organization is a huge problem for me.  I have Amazon and book syndrome.  I keep thinking I need more and have to give in to my cravings.  I get somewhat organized and then I buy more stuff to add.  I am building a homeschooling shed to store it all so that should help.

oahoah
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. We are in our 3rd year and it's really the first time we've been organized enough to have a regular schedule for school. We all have our seasons in life where things just don't turn out like we think or want but I think, for me, the secret has been just to go along with it and not stress over what you haven't done but focus on all the little things that you have.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I really need to focus on this.

Quoting oahoah:

Yes. We are in our 3rd year and it's really the first time we've been organized enough to have a regular schedule for school. We all have our seasons in life where things just don't turn out like we think or want but I think, for me, the secret has been just to go along with it and not stress over what you haven't done but focus on all the little things that you have.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm trying hard to find balance. This is our first year and it seems like when I try to put more focus on school, the house falls into disrepair, the shopping doesn't get done, teh dogs don't get walked, ect. When I try to keep up on other things, school suffers. Some days it feels like I'm walking a tight rope :-/

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too! Tons of working on it!

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting oahoah:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Easier said than done,lol.

Quoting kirbymom: Me too! Tons of working on it!

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting oahoah:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 9, 2014 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Aww sweety! Can I let you in on a secret? Hopefully you won't mind if I go ahead. :)

You can be a homeschooling veteran and STILL have times where everything is every which way but the way intended! lol What truly matters most is how we handkerchief these times. And sometimes it just doesn't come easy.
BUT...
As long as we try and do our best as much as we can while we have our kids home, then not nyc more can be asked of us.
You can do this! We'll help each other! :)

Quoting paganbaby:

I'm trying hard to find balance. This is our first year and it seems like when I try to put more focus on school, the house falls into disrepair, the shopping doesn't get done, teh dogs don't get walked, ect. When I try to keep up on other things, school suffers. Some days it feels like I'm walking a tight rope :-/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)