Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

At work last week...

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 7 Replies

I had a customer that just wanted to talk.. I get these every so often, makes me think they have no one to talk to at home or something.

Anyway, she was bitching about the VA and I can relate being it took 3 years for my children's father to see a dime after he broke his back in Iraq and all that... she eventually asked about kids and asked what school they go to, I said I homeschool.  This woman actually said to me SHAME ON YOU FOR KEEPING YOUR KIDS OUT OF SUCH A GREAT SCHOOL SYSTEM. 

I was amused and offended at the same time and had to remind myself I was on company time.  After her rant, she revealed she is a first grade teacher at the one school who has a reputation about not letting kids go easily.  In my local homeschool group, every time a parent tries to take a kid out of THAT school they get a lot of crap and they won't even call the kid out of class without a piece of paperwork that isn't even required by my state's laws.  Then they are also known to send the truancy officer to your house even when they DO have the paperwork.

People in the public system take it as a personal offense when we pull out kids out as if it has something to do with THEM on a personal level.  What makes them think they are so dang important?!?!?!

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Ha! She sounds like a...winner.

mhaney03
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:34 AM

With the way she was acting I wouldnt be surprised if I go to work one day and there's a social worker there waiting for me.  She was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out to lunch.

Quoting mem82:

Ha! She sounds like a...winner.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Sounds like a good school to NOT send your kids.  Sounds like they like to control kids rather than educate them.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM

LOL!  Those reactions are always the best!  It would have been so hard for me not to at least laugh at her rant.  How did you do it?

mhaney03
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I want to keep my job lol.  That was the only thing that kept me from going off.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

LOL!  Those reactions are always the best!  It would have been so hard for me not to at least laugh at her rant.  How did you do it?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:37 PM

:-)  You did a great job at holding it back!

Quoting mhaney03:

I want to keep my job lol.  That was the only thing that kept me from going off.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM

I am not surprised she was so hostile!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)