Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's almost that *time* for some of us. Have you started to prepare?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM
  • 16 Replies

Some here have to do assessments or testing annually. Do you? If you do, have you started to prepare your portfolio or maybe started helping your kids brush up on test taking skills?

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM
I know my kids will have to take tests this year but I continue to teach the same way. If my kids do not know something on the tests we will use that to work a bit on it the next year. But I do not overly worry about it.
bldjrs123
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:57 AM

we just have testing and it doesnt count against or toward them.. it is basicly so they cant consider us turant(sp) 

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM

We don't have testing, we just have to turn in our portfolios.  I have till July though to get mine done.  I really need to get his work organized though.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM

We did our testing in October!  He did a great job!

I am putting together my portfolio, I keep up with it all year.  Last year I made the mistake of waiting to do the typed reading list and had a rough time finding all of the books.  This year it's coming together easily.

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I need to have an assesment done for my oldest. In my opinion she is too young for testing (she's 6 y/o).

This is the first year we have to have an assesment done.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Assessments aren't too bad. It's all in finding the right person to do it. You have to make sure they understand how you run your homeschool. You have to understand how they *think* it should be ran. Watch out for public school teachers moonlighting for the extra cash.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

I need to have an assesment done for my oldest. In my opinion she is too young for testing (she's 6 y/o).

This is the first year we have to have an assesment done.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 10, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Since we put all our work in a main lesson book, I'm just going to show that this year, I think. So no prep work for me. Yay! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TidewaterClan
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:13 PM
My girlfriend who is doing our assessment is coming here, so that will make it easier. We have all of the math tests in the assessment books, and I'll have them take that DORA reading test Blue told me about soon. I just need to make sure the rest is organized.
JadeTigr7
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM

We don't have either, but we're only in week 10 of our school year anyways.  Our school year won't be over until at least August.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:24 PM
we take the CAT test each year. I usually order it in the spring. I will go over it to make sure they have covered all topics. We don't do any testing. we have to take a test or have an evaluation done. i prefer the test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN