Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Can you give an example of a days worth of work?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 4:48 PM
  • 26 Replies

Sorry for the 101 posts, but it is helping me get some thoughts flowing get some anxiety off me!!

So can you share an example of a day worth of lesson plans?

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleCupcake
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Ds- special needs 6th grade

Everyday-

Math textbook

Math workbook

Reading textbook

Vocabulary & spelling

2 reading workbooks

Reading Harry potter

Language arts textbook

Language arts workbook

Writing workbook 

Cursive

Mon-wends-fri

Science

Science workbook

Experiments

Tues-thurs

History text book

History work book

Social studies workbook

Art

Dd- advanced 8th grade

La book

Reading Book

Spelling & vocabulary

Cursive

Writing essays (New ones due every 2 weeks)

Science textbook

Earth science textbook

Biology textbook

History textbook

Western history textbook

Algerbra 1

Art

We go from 9-1 

Then of course we do documentaries & movies and anything else they want to. 

I don't do lesson plans. My son baby steps it. My daughter works independently and usually covers in a couple of sections per subject per each day.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Right now:
Jamie:
Math, go over new lesson, worksheet A
Reading: Read story, do vocab worksheet
Writing: (today was a) Edit & Revise story
Science: (usually it's read a chapter, but we finished our curriculum for the year)
History: Read a chapter and take a few notes, Map work
Spelling: Review words that were previously misspelled, Go over new concept, spell new words on the board

Tuesday:
Math: Worksheet C
Reading: Comprehension worksheets
Writing: Day off of normal writing curriculum, instead work on other curriculum for 30 minutes
History: we're doing history pockets this week, so pocket 2
Spelling: Review, sentence dictations

Wed:
Math: Worksheet E,
Reading: Graphic Organizer
Writing: Publish the story
History: Pocket 6
Spelling: Review, write new words on paper, sentence dictations

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM

For my 3rd grader:  Today this is what we did....

He did his map of Europe test (filled in all of the countries of Europe With a word bank). 

Then he took his Math U See test for lesson 19.  Watched the video for lesson 20.

We read the story "How Spider Got a Thin Waist" from the Spider Tales of Africa.  He created a plot diagram of the story.

We read the poem I'm Always in Parentheses by Ken Nesbitt and went over the rhyme scheme.  And then he worked on the rules for parantheses and how to use them in his grammar book.  He played a couple games on Spelling City for his new spelling list and wrote 2 of his spelling sentences for the week.

I read the first section of the chapter on the Ottoman Empire.  Then he drew a picture of "The Sheep Rocks" with the caption that the man did not give to his God what he said he would so his God (Allah) punished him by turning he and his flock into rocks.   

We used a spring scale measuring pounds and on measuring in Newtons to measure wooden blocks, his Bible, a quart jar, our fireplace poker and a bunch of other stuff.  He made a table with each of the weights in it.  Then he converted the table into a bar graph.

He made a lion out of yarn and puff balls and pipe cleaners for art class.  He's working on 3-d art using different mediums.

Then he did 30 minutes of gym class using the wii fit.  And he read his for fun book (A Series of Unfortunate Events) for 45 minutes.

JadeTigr7
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM

This is our schedule for the week.  We do more of a block scheduling type thing.

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 6:30 PM

math workbook,

cursive practice (often combined with spelling and/or vocab word lists)

reading fluency and comprehension practice

writing practice

choice of: grammar or spelling or vocabulary 

choice of: social studies or science or independent reading or project or craft

NoraDun
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

My goodness I feel like you guys are doing WAY more indeepth stuff then we are!!

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM

It really depends on the day.

Math--> 2-3 pages in his workbooks, sometimes a math game on the computer or Khan Academy

Grammar-->3-4 pages depending on what we are going over, Madlibs

Phonics--> A lesson in ETC, usually does 4 pages of it so we can go back and do more if he doesn't remember the rule he learned

Spelling--> write his words, some days pyramid words, rainbow words, write them 3x or any number of other ways and one page in his workbook, Monday we do the Pre-test, Friday we take the test

Computer Programming-->Depends on if we are using Code.org or Khan Academy, but we usually spend about 30 min working on whichever program we are using

Spanish-->This is kinda a freebie, D wants to learn, but I haven't gotten anything formal yet so he plays on My Spanish Coach on his DS.  Usually about 20 min or so. 

Handwriting--> 2 pages in his workbook

Everything else is a toss up right now.  We need to get caught up in History and Science.  When we start his 3rd grade English work, we will be doing a lot more writing than we have been.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Our schooling for middle school.

Monday: Math, Literature, and History

Tuesday: Math, Literature, and Geography

Wednesday: Math, Literature, Science, and Logic

Thursday: Math, Literature, Writing, Spelling and Grammar

Friday: Math, Literature, and finish anything not completed.

Codysmom2106
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Math is at his either a page or 2 out of his workbooks or a lesson/quiz from time 4 learning.

he has weekly spelling and vocabulary words.

a science page or lesson from t4learning. We are going to be starting unit studies soon.

we are reading a 500 page chapter book. I will go ahead and read some of it myself and make up questions and then have him read the same thing and answer the questions.

he is working on cursive, a weather log, parts of sentences, animal families, telling time...

we will also be starting to break down the U.S. State by state

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Today we did
Math
Bible
History
Science
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)