Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Another question??

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:07 PM
  • 2 Replies

I know I know lots of questions, but I want to make sure Im homeschooling right and it wont bite me in the butt later and my kids suffer. We are planning on starting my oldest this fall, which is 2 years before he can enter kinder here HS or Public schooling wise. I want to slowly start planning and stocking and figuring out what I need to have. What I plan to do is abc, numbers, colors, shapes, animals, arts and crafts, outdoor play(i found a homeschooling group that meets at a park once a week which we already do) and family outings or field trips once a week, weekly trips to the library we do once a month but more for me then him he only asks for 2 or 3 of the same books every night. He knows most of this stuff already but we would be doing it more in depth. Have themes for each week. He enjoys sitting and coloring or tracing things so i was going to do the worksheet route plus games and little activities, because I think he would enjoy that stuff. What would be some stuff that I would need to HS. If i create my own worksheets would that be ok once I have to register them with the school board and have them evaluated. I feel like im forgetting something important. And Im not planning on using an actual curriculum until they are in kinder.

And the portfoilo, how does that work? what do i have to keep in it. I know a reading list. is that of all the books we read throughout the year? what other information needs to be on there?

by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 5:29 PM

welcome to cafemom

As a home school workshop leader, I put together a free web page to answer questions like yours. 

How To Home School 

P.S. I encourage you to write your own lessons, and the above article has a link just for that. )

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I just keep a list of things things we do and the dates we do them. Then samples of tehir work every now and then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)