Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

not much getting done today...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

and there was a snow day yesterday.

But my ds is so intently coloring I can't bring myself to stop him. I went to art school myself and have a BFA from Parsons Schol of Design. I think my attention to an art curriculum is sorely lacking. I"m really wondering if for the rest of the year I should devote an entire day, or at least severlal hours, to an art project???

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM

We try to do a craft/art day once a week. Tuesdays are our "music days" - we go from band to choir to homeschool center, so I like to do a craft/art project in the morning before that.  We get nothing else done that day

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I love the days that we have art.  It's not nearly frequent enough.  Today we're doing a day of engineering (not quite art, but also not really my thing), and I'm feeling somewhat bad about "playing," but they're learning a ton.

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM

he has been doing a clay class at a nearby place, too. He's really a good sport because he's the only boy and the first day he wanted to quit! But he's made some cool things. Even got to use the wheel.

Now, he's making a hopscotch pattern with painter's tape on the rug and a little obstacle course. Again, having a hard time stopping this!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM

It sounds like a focus on art would be beneficial! Our art curriculum is sorely lacking, but that's because I'm completely art ignorant..lol..

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Art is great & you can tie it to many things. Like have him make pictures or sculptures of books he is reading. Or do art that is from another country he is learning about. We tie art to everything around here.
Jilectan
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:16 PM

We really haven't gotten much done today, either. I had an appt at the endodontist this morning (yay, root canals :( ) and that just threw off our whole day. We went to the park instead of doing schoolwork today. 

My kids would be thrilled if it snowed here, but I'm pretty sure we'd have it worse than the east coast is, since it almost never snows at our elevation in SoCal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)