Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So as many of you know I do a LOT of hand crafts - knitting, crochet, tatting, soutache, jewelry making, you name it I probably make it. The kids have always wanted to learn yarn crafts, but no matter how many ways I've taught them to knit or crochet it's a failure - we've even tried tunisian and the knook! Then I saw how fast they fly through their rainbow looms. Inspiration struck! They've now been loom knitting like bandits over the last  couple of weeks...lol

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Replies (31-32):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much for the offer, that is very sweet of you! I already have one skein of the yarn I want to use, I just need to get another skein because I didn't realize you need to use two when using the loom. I am a wool girl, but I do appreciate the offer <3

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I have some yarn that I won't use...it's mostly red heart brand...I used to use it for everything, but then I found Caron simply soft and have pretty much switched to only using that. Anyway, if you are interested I could send you some...I kind of need to thin out my stash!

Quoting Boobah: Fantastic! My husband got me the 4 circle set for Christmas. So far I made a doll hat and my daughter made a doll hat. I don't have enough yarn to make a real size hat since you need to do two spools (or a nice bulky) at a time. I can't wait to go yarn shopping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Oh that is clever!

My kids love rainbow loom, but only my eldest has expressed and interest and done some knitting.  I wonder if they would all be interested in loom knitting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN